PDA

View Full Version : help

MRT5c
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 09:40
had the mot done in nov-dec on w-reg v70 t5

was getting sts/c service urgent and now emissons service required, plus it comes up with and engine management light and then looses any real power, help, what do these codes mean, took it inot my local garage they had it during mot for more than week, and said they swapped some valves round to cure this problem and now its back, and its cost me £700 HELP thanks Rich :slap:

mraldonnelly
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 10:00
Rich,

Your first port of call would be to get the fault codes read - the lights indicate that a fault code will be stored in the ECU. These should give a good pointer as to where to start.

If there is an engine fault it is quite possible that the ECU will go into limp home mode which would explain the loss of power.

Regards

Andy

MRT5c
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 17:34
Hi Andy thanks for getting back to me, it goes in on thursday, went to stansted from kent today, lights were on all the way, so took it easy, stopped at stansted for no more than a minute, got back in fired her up , and no lights, or nasty messages floored it pretty much for 2 hours home and still nothing!!! and i know the garage will just give it me back and say nothing is wrong, another one comes up brake failure stop asap, weel i have just had brand new brakes fitted, discs pads the lot and it brakes really well bettter than when i bought it ? i am mistyfied to what wrong with it!