View Full Version : Silverstone tomorrow

Simon
Sunday 12th February 2006, 20:32
Is anyone else going to this tomorrow?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67704

All set now, bit of an early start though. Got to sign in by 7:45am :jaw:

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 12th February 2006, 20:56
I Wish I could go......... :frown: :frown: :frown: (working)

madness
Sunday 12th February 2006, 23:16
hmmm..... the lesser swedish car. some of them look quite tasty.

Simon
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 11:07
Has a great day yesterday, even if it was damp most of the day. It did start to dry out towards the end of the day, so I was able to give it some beans later on without fear of ending up planted in an armco.

They put myself and Paul (in his 250Hp Saab 9-3SS) in the 'fast' group with a Lambo and Porsche 911 Turbo among others, but we didn't shame ourselves passing a few of the more 'exotic' pieces of machinery. (Paul didn't get past me though even though he was obviously trying quite hard judging by the amount of smoke coming off his front brakes after one of the sessions :biggrin: )

The car drove really well. Would definetely go again, but preferably on a drier day. Here are a few pics...

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 13:35
The 60 looks fantastic Simon!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun despite the weather!! I look forward to seeing you pushing it round Bruntingthorpe!!

x

Murphy
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 13:40
Nice pic -

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4282

Simon
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 14:22
Paul didn't come out on the last session and it seems they called out over the PA system while I was queing to go out... Can everyone please make sure their lights are turned off unless your in a Volvo. :B_blite:

Simon
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 14:35
Here is a short video clip Paul took with his camera of me overtaking a Porsche 944 Turbo down the pit straight at about 110mph :D . Fastest part of the circuit was the Hanger straight at between 125 and 130mph.

www.saabcentral.com/silverstone.mpeg

madness
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 15:16
very good simon

Engineer
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 19:26
Nice one Simon let us know if you go again, would like to tag along if right dates and enough notice. Might even bring the other 3 Horseman.

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 15th February 2006, 02:09
well done ..... Looked like a great day... anyone have any mishaps..?

Simon
Wednesday 15th February 2006, 13:12
There were quite a few mishaps in the 'slow cars' session. It seems some idiot span 3 times on his out lap in the first session, so the session was stopped almost straight away :doh:

Quite a few rear wheel drive cars span off during the day. There was a Cosworth Sierra of some description which went off and did quite a bit of damage.

The good old front wheel drive cars didn't really feel like letting go all day. Saying that I did have a bit of a moment overtaking a BMW down the pit straight and overshot and thought I was going off, but luckily, somehow mangaged to recover it.

It was a really, really fun day out. By far the best track day I have done yet.

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 16th February 2006, 03:25
I think a trip out to Oulton/Silverstone/donnington will be on the agenda over the next couple of years.

the small tracks I've done don't quite have the same reputation as the main circuits..

Vikingxl
Thursday 16th February 2006, 06:57
Looks like you had a lot of fun there!

Simon
Friday 17th February 2006, 14:22
I think the same people are planning a Donnington track day in May.