PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Tries to Mod the back of the T5R

Green T5R
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:03
Happened about a week ago... :(

A Nissian tried to modify the back of the T5R with the help of an Alfa doing around 60!!!!

My car Stopped because of branches on the road, Nissan stopped also Alfa driver was to busy doing something else and hit the Nissan at around 50-60MPH!!

More photo's can be seen at my link below.

Regards

Iain

fireclown
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:14
bit of a shame about your car m8. gonna be an expensive insurance payout that 1. :slap:

splatt
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:14
Noo...:( u ok?

Looks like the Nissan slowed it down enough but FFS..there are some ££££ drivers on the road eh?

Hope all goes well

t5tart
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:25
could have been alot worse

that alfa drivers insurance gonna love him ...

Green T5R
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:28
The Him in the Alfa was a her. The police said if it had been anything other than a volvo then the wife would have come off alot worse.

Repair bill is nearly £5500. So just need to see if they value it over that figure and they will fix it anything below and it's a write off!

mraldonnelly
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:38
Saw this on the other forum. Glad your wife and child are alright.

If the repair exceeds 60% (some insurers use 66%) of the market value of the car then they'll usually write it off.

Get looking through Autotrader to find examples of replacements. Print out or cut out the ads so that when they come in with a low settlement figure you can go back to them and argue the toss that although the book price is x, to replace with a like for like vehicle will cost you y.

Also, see what they want in terms of salvage value - it may be worth you buying it back from them for bits.

Regards

Andy

Green T5R
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:41
I have a company called Accident Exchange dealing with everything for me, seems they onlt deal with Volvo's but they have informed me that if the price to replace the car is more than the repair even by 1p they will insist it gets repaired. (example : car value £1000.....repair cost £999.99 then it WILL be repaired.)

Here's keeping the old fingers crossed.

Tomcat
Sunday 12th February 2006, 16:17
I will be very,very surprised if they repair that. I've seen cars with less damage written off. Buying the car back off the insurance is all down to them, so companies will not allow you to buy back the salvage some will, all depends on who you are insured with. Glad to hear that she's ok though, let us know how you get on eh??.

t5tart
Sunday 12th February 2006, 16:38
i had a lorry take out every panel sown one side of my 850 n/a 2.0 20 cv
i was sure it would be a write off
I insisted they repaired it and they did

JO5EPH
Sunday 12th February 2006, 17:23
Thats grim mate :(

But cars are only designed to crash once, it may never 'feel' the same if it gets repaired....

Andrew
Sunday 12th February 2006, 17:25
:( blimey - they've made a right mess of that. Sorry to hear about the accident but glad everyone is ok.

Andrew.

t5 stealth
Sunday 12th February 2006, 18:32
sorry about the car,,,glad ur ok,
i think thats the best lookin alfa iv seen,,,
finally it has style(italian junk)
hope thats 1 less to worry about

dicky b t5
Sunday 12th February 2006, 20:47
Glad your other half is ok mate, shame about the car, hope you get a good outcome.
Could've been alot worse had she been in a little Tin Box.....

Vikingxl
Sunday 12th February 2006, 22:36
I know exactly how you feel im sorry for you mate its a real pain in the ass!

bowman
Monday 13th February 2006, 23:38
Get full market value for your car, buy it back from the insurance company for a next to nothing and repair it yourself on the cheap! (by on the cheap I mean secondhand parts, not bodge!)

Always looking for a silver lining.....

pyrotechnictigger
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 00:27
Made a hell of a mess of the ALFA :jaw: Glad your all ok though. Good luck with the claim.

Green T5R
Wednesday 15th February 2006, 18:53
Got a phone call today from the company looking after the insurance and repair quote. Seems the old girl is going to get FIXED!!!!!!!!!

An independant engineer has valued the car at wait for it a whopping £7500.00 so this means that because the repair is going to be less that replacement they will fix it.

So Happy.... :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Regards

Iain

Tomcat
Wednesday 15th February 2006, 19:05
:jaw: , er..........Why has he valued it at such a high price??( not to put your car down you understand), I though 850 T5's even R's wouldn't be worth that much in todays market.

Well done mate I'm happy for you, least you get to keep the old girl eh?

Green T5R
Wednesday 15th February 2006, 19:12
We forwarded this to the claims company so i guess they took note.

See link for what we forwarded: http://community.webshots.com/user/adieu100

Scroll down and look at album called Classic Car

Have a read of the article or just look at the bottom of page 2.

Seems classic car valued the T5R in 2004 at £10,000.

Regards

Iain

Tomcat
Wednesday 15th February 2006, 19:44
Lol, thats one way of doing it, well done on finding that article, its certainly a good way of getting your point across to the insurers. Anybody know of a similar article knocking about for the standard T5?, I'm just rebuilding my new one and I would like some proof of what its worth (just in case).

rgracin
Friday 17th February 2006, 17:08
A car can will be written off if the cost of repair in addition to the salvage value (damaged value) is close to or over the pre accident value. It's not just a case of repair cost and car pre accident value. e.g. Pre accident value £4000 salvage value £2000+repair cost £2000 = £4000 . (not indicating the worth of your vehicle here)

Might be worth trying to get them to write it off, giving you the £7,500 and either finding one that has not been smashed (easier said then done), or buying back and arranging the repair yourself.

Green T5R
Friday 17th February 2006, 18:07
They Will be fixing it as there are so few of them left. The company looking after the claim has already given the go ahead for the repairs to start. They have also stated their policy is to repair as long as the repair value does not exceed the replacement/value of the car.

Regards

Iain