PDA

View Full Version : 850 T5 missfiring

nskeates
Sunday 12th February 2006, 13:42
hello,

i have had my t5 now for about 4 weeks and have found out that there are a couple of faults that i hope someone might be able to shed some light on !!

1) when cruising at around 90mph (private roads) the car seems like its being held back then all of a sudden the power seems to come on and i will have to release the accelerator pedal al little. this will keep happening.

2) when sitting in traffic for a while the car starts to missfire and becomes aweful to drive but once out of traffic it will return to normal after about 2 -3 mins of driving.

any help apreciated.

thanks

glock19
Sunday 12th February 2006, 13:59
Sparks plugs are due for a change.

Goof
Sunday 12th February 2006, 14:19
Maybe do a basic service ~ air filter, plugs, oil & filter, etc and have a good check around hoses and pipes. At least you'll know it's done!

splatt
Sunday 12th February 2006, 14:50
Like he said...basic service will iron out most niggly probs..
sounds like your HT leads are breaking down though...know anyone who can do a swap to check?

t5tart
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:04
i was gonna suggest a damn good service too
sounds like plugs ht leads or dizzy or all

nskeates
Sunday 12th February 2006, 18:13
thanks
will check all those out.

Andrew
Sunday 12th February 2006, 18:43
thanks
will check all those out.

Stage 0 is required by the sounds of it.... air and oil filters, spark plugs, dizzy and rotorcap perhaps change the leads too (halfords do a cheapish pair)

There is a thread explaining the Stage 0 some where in here.

Also check under the bonnet - specifically make sure there are no splits in any of the air feed pipes. Might explain the misfires at low speed.