PDA

View Full Version : What To Do

chich100
Friday 4th March 2005, 22:36
HELP,I THINK IM FALLING OUT OF LOVE WITH MY T5,over the last two years ive given her everthing,RICA discs and pads alround lower wishbones etc etc but its just never enough now IT wants a clutch,abs wheel sensor and whatever else the rest of the bloody codes mean.At the moment we are not even speaking IT sits on the drive dripping oil while i use my disco as alternative daily transport.I had great plans for us this year new wheels and tyres,strut brace even a holiday to Italy but im thinking it might be time to change IT for a newer model thats been catching my eye on the forums recently and strip IT down for parts or do i stick with IT and give her what she wants and what ive planned or do i follow my roving eye???????

DESPERATE FROM S>WALES :shifty:

Mrsmopp
Friday 4th March 2005, 22:45
I know what your saying - everytime you think they are straight and ready for miles of happy motoring they demand more of your hard earned cash and you wonder whether it is worth it. I have spent a relatively small amount on mine compared to most and look after her well but all the time I am finding faults. the way i see it I have pumped this much cash into it so far I may as well keep going til I get it right rather than buy something else and end up having to do it all over again!!

x

taha22464
Friday 4th March 2005, 23:10
I know what your saying - everytime you think they are straight and ready for miles of happy motoring they demand more of your hard earned cash and you wonder whether it is worth it. I have spent a relatively small amount on mine compared to most and look after her well but all the time I am finding faults. the way i see it I have pumped this much cash into it so far I may as well keep going til I get it right rather than buy something else and end up having to do it all over again!!

x
oh dear that doesnt sound encouriging to anew owner!jel.
________
BMW R1100R (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_R1100R)

siamblue
Friday 4th March 2005, 23:21
I must be really lucky with mine,Had her now for 9 months,And all she has needed other than servicing parts( Tyres,Plugs,Oil,)Is a Temp sensor which i got for nothing from a breakers,and a lower Wishbone arm for the MOT,
But it only takes a Gearbox inc a replacement clutch(You'll be silly not to replace at the same time or a Head to go and you are well and truely into £££s,
If you are in love with your car then it's better the devil you know,And you can always make her better with upgrades when parts fail
If you want a newer model you might not get a better car,If you know of a really good replacement that is 100% uptogether then go for it.

Pedro Fandango
Friday 4th March 2005, 23:38
i've had BT 6 years she's does get treated badly (gets an oil change every 10k), but so far she hasn't cost me much (well she has on mods but not on maintance)

2 camshaft sensors (£80 each)
lower wishbone bushes (£100 fitted)
upper engine mount (£25)
exhaust was rattling when i replaced it so i'll include that (£200)
vac hoses (£15)

which comes to £500, less than £100 a year

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 5th March 2005, 04:30
Are you sure it is the sensor - I can fix your ABS ECU if you need it. Often mutliple codes for the ABS ECU means that it is knackered.

Take heart. My auto box went bang and cost me £1200. A clutch will not cost that much - and if you do only the ABS ECU and the clutch - then sell - it will work out ok in the end.

If you need more help with the ECU then let me know. And if it is just the sensor - they are not that expensive.