PDA

View Full Version : Help, attempt to remove MBC gone tits up!

gtiteen
Saturday 11th February 2006, 15:37
Hi, im in the process of trying to remove the MBC on my car and have managed to hit a problem.
I snapped :troutslap the nipple on the air hose that should attach to a vacuum hose and then go onto the BCS. Any suggestions how to correct this?
Any help much appreciated, Dave

SaffronC70
Saturday 11th February 2006, 15:49
Hi mate

If it has snapped nicely, I reckon you can get away with some superglue.

Bond it nicely, then do a coat around the area.

Worth a go.

Chris

gtiteen
Saturday 11th February 2006, 18:32
I'm worried about the glue blocking the hole. What i think i might do is use a similar nipple which has its own base, drill the original whole bigger then glue that and put some self tapping screws from the oustide on. I'll have another investigate tomorrow sometime!
Dave

t5tart
Saturday 11th February 2006, 18:38
if the glue fills the hole u could always drill it back out with a fine drill

Engineer
Saturday 11th February 2006, 18:52
Whatever you do don't use superglue. If you have to bodge it up for now use araldite carefully.

SaffronC70
Saturday 11th February 2006, 19:03
What's wrong with superglue :(

You know where it's going if you have the brush on stuff, you can let it cure a bit, then stick the two surfaces together.

IMHO araldite is a bigger risk, only as it's not as easy to apply to small areas.

Chris

Engineer
Saturday 11th February 2006, 19:14
What's wrong with superglue :(

You know where it's going if you have the brush on stuff, you can let it cure a bit, then stick the two surfaces together.

IMHO araldite is a bigger risk, only as it's not as easy to apply to small areas.

ChrisWanna fight about it on the M25 lol :haha: If you can stick on my bumper lol.

hamish
Saturday 11th February 2006, 19:21
Buy a new BCS, it was probably shagged anyway and at £37 or £59 they aren't expensive. :haha:

Regards,
Hamish,

P.S. We keep them in stock at VT/ Chip Tuning.

Engineer
Saturday 11th February 2006, 19:29
Buy a new BCS, it was probably shagged anyway and at £37 or £59 they aren't expensive. :haha:

Regards,
Hamish,

P.S. We keep them in stock at VT/ Chip Tuning.Your a marketing person's dream Hamish on the ball 24/7 lol. :wink:

SaffronC70
Saturday 11th February 2006, 19:41
Wanna fight about it on the M25 lol :haha: If you can stick on my bumper lol.

Sod that, your car is faster than mine !

Chris

:remybussi

Engineer
Saturday 11th February 2006, 19:52
Sod that, your car is faster than mine !

Chris

:remybussi
Your being kind its only faster up to sub 140 mph lol.

Andrew
Saturday 11th February 2006, 20:12
*whistles for his horse*

siamblue
Saturday 11th February 2006, 21:17
Your a marketing person's dream Hamish on the ball 24/7 lol. :wink:

Think you will find it is the maf housing pipe to turbo, as he says it then goes to the BCS,

Gary

gtiteen
Sunday 12th February 2006, 15:05
Fantastic!! Was planning to get it sorted today but the weathers foul, and i really cant be arsed to go outside and get wet! I'll have to wait till tomorrow now.
Also if i hook up the bcs as standard and leave the nipple on the airpipe and the centre one on the bcs unused what should happen?
Dave

gtiteen
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 14:52
I managed to remove the MBC and fix the nipple that i broke, although i am not sure its a completely air tight seal. The car seems to boost about 1/2 way through the standard boost guage on the dash and feels a bit sluggish. This may just be the removal of said bleed valve but it does feel considerably slower.
I think i might put a different MBC in series with the BCS... What do you think?
Cheers,
Dave