PDA

View Full Version : Poly bushes?

Rick448
Saturday 11th February 2006, 14:39
Has anyone uprated all their bushes to poly ones? If so how much was it to get done? What bushes are involved too? I am looking to tighten mine up a bit and think this is the first step.
I know there are TCA bushes and top mounts what others would benefit from being changed?

Thanks

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 12th February 2006, 00:22
They're the only one's available.. unless you want ot spend loads of money with powerflex to develop them for you...

Rick448
Sunday 12th February 2006, 00:30
Okie cokie, cheers. Is it worth bothering, or is springs and dampers the way to go?

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 12th February 2006, 00:45
Definately.. do a bit of VBgarage searching and find out who's got what before you stump up your cash... I've only got springs on mine, but would like when I can afford to get KW varient coil overs.....(.. that being a very long "when" at the moment...)

BlackBeast
Sunday 12th February 2006, 22:39
Instead of poly, you can get delrin which is much stronger and longer lasting than poly or rubber, as far as i know, you can only get them from the states.

t5tart
Sunday 12th February 2006, 22:59
just did mine over the weekend
a bit of a pig to do imho

but the engine sounds so sweet now and its lost more torque steer

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 12th February 2006, 23:01
I've got an engineering shop up near me that manfactures Delrin Parts if you've got a design. There a very reliable and accurate shop. They make all the parts for my packing machine at work..

t5tart
Sunday 12th February 2006, 23:42
use powerfex ones as a template ?

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 00:51
I was more thinking about the bushes Powerflex don't make.... :sinner:

t5tart
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 00:55
good idea

drop links would be a good place to start lol

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 14th February 2006, 03:44
How much difference do you reckon they'd make..?

i know a friend of mine had rear swing arm bushes made out of the stuff for his Astra Mk II. Down side was he never ran it as he changed the design to Merc Rear discs, then ran out of money...the car is still in his garage with a £5000 unused engine....

What about suspension tops...?

Rick448
Saturday 4th March 2006, 14:37
I've finally managed to take a look at my wishbones etc. They look like the original ones fitted to the car, i did notice though that one of the ARB droplinks (if that is what they are) has a split rubber on it. Do these wear much? I wonder if that is the cause of the slight weave on a constant radius bend. How much are these? Cheers..