PDA

View Full Version : Volvo CD changer 7 pin plug and socket worries??

Waxworks
Thursday 9th February 2006, 12:12
Can any one help me, i've just looked at Pheifers boot mounted CD changer to find out why it's not working and i have found that the wireing and the CD changer lead plug and socket have got extensive water damage.
I have checked the live and earth and they are both fine it's just the plug and socket for the changer thats knackered.
Basically i need to solder a new plug and socket as a replacement to the volvo one.
Does anyone know where i may be able to get an 8 way pcb plug and socket?
Doesn't have to be circular a flat one will do.
Any help on this matter will be appreciated.
I don't really want to omit the plug and wire them up directly but if i have to i will.
Cheers
Steve

fraz13
Thursday 9th February 2006, 12:40
You can have the lead out my car when you come up at the weekend if that will help, Its there and I have no use for it ;)

Other than that try Maplins for a male/female plug, they should have what you need ;)

Waxworks
Thursday 9th February 2006, 13:06
You can have the lead out my car when you come up at the weekend if that will help, Its there and I have no use for it ;)

Other than that try Maplins for a male/female plug, they should have what you need ;)

Thanks Fraz but it's both the plug and socket have had it so they both need replacing.
Basically plug has become so rusty that one of the pins from the plug has broken off and rusted into socket.
I'll give Maplins a go.
Cheers mate

fraz13
Thursday 9th February 2006, 13:07
Good luck mate, just realised that you would want to listed to that lot for 6 hours lol