PDA

View Full Version : Boost help

USA_S70T5
Thursday 9th February 2006, 09:14
I've got an AutoMeter vac/boost gauge that I had in my previous Volvo. (see pic here (http://home.wi.rr.com/o6v/car/boost.jpg)) Going to mount it with an IPD pod on the A pillar. And I'm also going get a dual stage MBC from Dawes Devices (http://www.3barracing.com/product_2.htm). Can't beat $55 for a MBC, let alone a dual stage with everything you need.
But I have a couple of questions before I go further.
What is the most boost I can run safely while stock? PSI not bar please, or a conversion ratio.
What is the stock boost supposed to be on a T5? My 940 did 7.5psi.
And does anyone have pictures of where they tapped boost? It was cake to do on my 940 which already had boost line running in the foot well to the stock p.o.s. gauge.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me out!

fraz13
Thursday 9th February 2006, 10:47
1 bar is around 14.5psi I think, My old T5 ran at 13psi comfortably and I think they run around 7-8psi standard

Providing your car is pre- ME7 (it HAS a throttle cable) then if you remove the cover over the throttle body there is whats known on here as a "vac tree" You just remove 1 of the rubber nipples and attatch your boost pipe on there

USA_S70T5
Thursday 9th February 2006, 18:57
1 bar is around 14.5psi I think, My old T5 ran at 13psi comfortably and I think they run around 7-8psi standard

Providing your car is pre- ME7 (it HAS a throttle cable) then if you remove the cover over the throttle body there is whats known on here as a "vac tree" You just remove 1 of the rubber nipples and attatch your boost pipe on there
Yeah, I have a 1998 so its non electric throttle.

I've seen the boost tree. But I'm not certain at how to attach my tubing into there. Some guide I read on an american site mentioned using a small nail to hold it in place. I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work. I'm sure if I stick my head in there, I'll see how to do it.

I boosted my 940 up to 13psi from the 7.5 stock. It was a pretty great improvement. I was able to do such huge burn outs with it that I had faster cars turn down races.

Thanks a lot fellow scot! :shot of single malt:

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 9th February 2006, 19:35
As the word suggest Vacuum means it's a vacuum the pipe will hold itself on...

Just as Fraz says just push the pipe on....