PDA

View Full Version : help v70 d5

jimmyc
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 16:55
going to veiw 2001 d5 tomorrow,what should i be looking for and when does cam belt require change for this model??,its done 120,000 miles, any help would be appreciated richard :B_steerin buzzin so dont be cruel lol

GATHY
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 17:49
going to veiw 2001 d5 tomorrow,what should i be looking for and when does cam belt require change for this model??,its done 120,000 miles, any help would be appreciated richard :B_steerin buzzin so dont be cruel lol

96k cambelt =make sure its cold when you first start it to see if it idles okay and revs smoothly as d5s have a injector problem on high milers.make sure central locking works properly on all doors/boot as this is a common fault also.

with it running pull out dipstick a inch or two and feel round the gap for backpressure(they should be no wind coming out of the dipstick tube).if there is the rings are worn.

other than that just a general inspection,good luck

volvotuning
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 18:19
Also, make sure it fires up quickly even when cold. If it takes ages to fire up, then it needs a set of injectors.

Adam.

madness
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 18:28
many injector problems due to wrong fuel in earlier use, also possible issue with earlier filters i believe.

jimmyc
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 20:42
cheers guys thats really appreciated richard :troutslap

jimmyc
Thursday 9th February 2006, 21:30
purchased it and checked all you advised, cheers richard

Murphy
Tuesday 9th May 2006, 14:52
Has anyone any more comments on looking at a V70 D5, i have heard of gearbox issues and front suspension / steering / bush issues ?!!?

T5ER
Tuesday 9th May 2006, 20:19
Has anyone any more comments on looking at a V70 D5, i have heard of gearbox issues and front suspension / steering / bush issues ?!!?

not heard about gearbox faults on manuals but they do sometimes suffer from front wishbone bushes do to the front end weight really more than anything but not to bad a job to do