PDA

View Full Version : Leather Like New Again!!

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 12:53
Just had a leather connoliser down from Sidcup and he has brought my leather interior back to showroom condition,no marks creases or imperfections.I have never seen this done before so when i saw how well it came up i let him loose on my 328i bmw,all i can say is WOW.If anyone would like his number let me know,the cost of this is between £70 - £100 depending whether you go to him or he comes to you.This chap has been doing this as a job for 16 plus years and is amazing....

Andrew
Monday 6th February 2006, 13:14
Just had a leather connoliser down from Sidcup and he has brought my leather interior back to showroom condition,no marks creases or imperfections.I have never seen this done before so when i saw how well it came up i let him loose on my 328i bmw,all i can say is WOW.If anyone would like his number let me know,the cost of this is between £70 - £100 depending whether you go to him or he comes to you.This chap has been doing this as a job for 16 plus years and is amazing....

I'd be interested - PM me his details - does he have a website?

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 13:19
pm sent! not sure on the website..

I'd be interested - PM me his details - does he have a website?

S60D5
Monday 6th February 2006, 13:23
pm sent! not sure on the website..

Yes please. PM me!

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 13:29
pm sent

t5tart
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:15
I'd be interested too

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:21
pm sent

I'd be interested too

t5tart
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:27
ta

as you suggested might be a good idea for afew of us all to get together and get them done

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:38
That is definately the best idea,it brings the cost down to next to nothing!

ta

as you suggested might be a good idea for afew of us all to get together and get them done

Niles
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:49
Can some1 please pm me the mans contact details please?

John
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:53
I would be interested to in details, as said perhaps a group booking?

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:55
pm sent

Can some1 please pm me the mans contact details please?

arbee
Monday 6th February 2006, 15:30
Would be interested in this on a group booking, mine is only half leather so half price? lol.
Would you know if anything can be done to revitalise alcantera? (or however it's spelt...)

Martinr
Monday 6th February 2006, 15:40
I would be interested in this as well.

Maybe we could invite the guy along to a club meet later in the year?

S60D5
Monday 6th February 2006, 15:45
I would be interested in this as well.

Maybe we could invite the guy along to a club meet later in the year?

Good idea.

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 16:11
pm sent

Would be interested in this on a group booking, mine is only half leather so half price? lol.
Would you know if anything can be done to revitalise alcantera? (or however it's spelt...)

arbee
Monday 6th February 2006, 16:56
Cheers for the pm Mikey :)

Rather than us all pester the guy, how about one of us email him on behalf of all who are interested. maybe we can get some names down as who would be interested. I don't mind trying to organise this if nobody else has mailed him yet? I take it it would work out cheapest if we can get to his at sidcup. I'm sure we could do a meet there on a Saturday/Sunday?

names so far, can all confirm if they would be willing to get to sidcup price and date dependent? Might be worth mentioning full leather or half and half alcantera etc?

1. Andrew
2. S60D5
3. t5tart
4. Niles
5. John
6. arbee (Ok for sidcup - half leather half alcantara)
7. MartinR

pault5
Monday 6th February 2006, 17:20
[QUOTE=arbee]Cheers for the pm Mikey :)

Rather than us all pester the guy, how about one of us email him on behalf of all who are interested. maybe we can get some names down as who would be interested. I don't mind trying to organise this if nobody else has mailed him yet? I take it it would work out cheapest if we can get to his at sidcup. I'm sure we could do a meet there on a Saturday/Sunday?

names so far, can all confirm if they would be willing to get to sidcup price and date dependent? Might be worth mentioning full leather or half and half alcantera etc?

1. Andrew
2. S60D5
3. t5tart
4. Niles
5. John
7. MartinR
8.pault5 (half leather)

S60D5
Monday 6th February 2006, 17:20
Cheers for the pm Mikey :)

1. Andrew
2. S60D5
3. t5tart
4. Niles
5. John
7. MartinR

Mine is full leather, but its only ~2.5 years old so may not need doing. Not having seen "before vs after" shots its hard to tell. I will send him some pics. My mother has full leather in her 850 T5 that could do with some care, though, although I would have to speak to her to see if shes interested.

I can certainly get to sidcup, but almost certainly would have to be in the week rather than a Saturday or Sunday.

t5tart
Monday 6th February 2006, 17:21
well i got full leather mainly the 2 front seats to do
oh does he do repairs to rips too ?? have a small tear in the back of the passener seat

sidcup not a bad run just by dartford

Vikingxl
Monday 6th February 2006, 17:36
Im interested full leather mate

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 19:11
i don't think he does but i know of a great company down my way,he repaired my back seat stitching for pittance.He is usually doing all the jaguars and porsches from the main dealers.

well i got full leather mainly the 2 front seats to do
oh does he do repairs to rips too ?? have a small tear in the back of the passener seat

sidcup not a bad run just by dartford

t5tart
Monday 6th February 2006, 19:30
i don't think he does but i know of a great company down my way,he repaired my back seat stitching for pittance.He is usually doing all the jaguars and porsches from the main dealers.

you got an email for them ?

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 19:34
not sure,i have a phone number for them 01424 436329 (uptons upholster)
try that and see how you get on!
cheers...

you got an email for them ?

Tomcat
Monday 6th February 2006, 19:59
Dont suppose he covers the northwest does he?, I need full leather doing but I need a couple of minor repairs to it first.

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 20:03
I dont know whether he will travel that far but you can ask,try and link up with a few of the other lads,pm sent..

Dont suppose he covers the northwest does he?, I need full leather doing but I need a couple of minor repairs to it first.

rickbee
Monday 6th February 2006, 20:28
I just bought a replacement steering wheel which has been 'reconnollised'
Dunno what it means but it looks fantastic and like new. If I could get the same treatment for seats would be well chuffed

mikey
Monday 6th February 2006, 20:58
The process is a case of treating with a chemical and cleaning the leather and then they spray it with the relevant colour and seal it.

I just bought a replacement steering wheel which has been 'reconnollised'
Dunno what it means but it looks fantastic and like new. If I could get the same treatment for seats would be well chuffed

NugentS
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 00:37

Yes please...

Sean

mikey
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 09:19
pm sent

Yes please...

Sean

John
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 10:10
Have been put on to a guy local to Nottingham, will see how that goes and keep you updated.

Babybadger
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 14:10

PM me too, I live in B/heath just down the road and always in sidcup!

mikey
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 18:15
hello mate the guys name is,
Brett White
e-mail:brett@whiteb.fsnet.co.uk

i think it is going to be easier to just post it up for everyone!!

cheers

Mikey

PM me too, I live in B/heath just down the road and always in sidcup!

Jamie
Wednesday 8th February 2006, 13:36

1. Andrew
2. S60D5
3. t5tart
4. Niles
5. John
7. MartinR
8.pault5 (half leather)
9. Jamie (full leather and Sidcup ok)