PDA

View Full Version : Turbo on 850 t5 96/97

mushp
Monday 6th February 2006, 10:52
Recently asked for info on my t5, it was leaking quite alot of oil, Justin cheked it over for me, and said it could be the oil return seal.Unfortunately I haven't had time to do it :frown: and have now started to get blue smoke from the exhaust when it reaches a certain temp, Could it be the turbo ? it dosen't seem to have any power loss which is baffleing me even more
Any one have any idea's ???

fraz13
Monday 6th February 2006, 10:57
If it smokes after idling then clears up while driving it could be valve stem oil seals, f it continues it could be the rings

mushp
Monday 6th February 2006, 10:59
Yeah it actually gets worse, there's nothing when it's cold just went it reaches and certain temp

t5tart
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:24
sounds like oil passing the rings as the oil gets warm and thins out

mushp
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:40
Took it to VT CHIP TUNING,They have noticed that the long term fuel trim pipe has split, the oil return seal needs replacing ( which i already knew, thanx to Justin ) and another couple of leaks underneath the turbo (??) will have the verdict hopefully sometime this week, will post result, which might help someone else in a simular situation !!! Also wasn't boosting as it should, so there gonna give it a good tuning..... :)

t5tart
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:47
Took it to VT CHIP TUNING,They have noticed that the long term fuel trim pipe has split, the oil return seal needs replacing ( which i already knew, thanx to Justin ) and another couple of leaks underneath the turbo (??) will have the verdict hopefully sometime this week, will post result, which might help someone else in a simular situation !!! Also wasn't boosting as it should, so there gonna give it a good tuning..... :)

think im gonna have to get mine into vt for a health check

what they charging now for a look over ?

mushp
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:53
Not sure, They didn't charge me anything to look at it and give me the diagnosis, but I've left it with them to do the work, will let you know when I get the bill !!