PDA

View Full Version : Tracker, Where??

mikezero
Monday 6th February 2006, 10:51
my car has a tracker fitted to it, just wondering where it would be installed normaly on cars??

cheers

Andrew
Monday 6th February 2006, 10:56
They don't tell anyone. Then you can't tell anyone and then anyone doesn't rip it out and nick your car.

S60D5
Monday 6th February 2006, 11:15
my car has a tracker fitted to it, just wondering where it would be installed normaly on cars??

cheers

Any one of about 100 different places, if not more.

Tracker isn't installed in a particular place, its done at random by the fitter otherwise everyone would know where to look to remove it!

mikezero
Monday 6th February 2006, 11:27
I see!! lol, but i would like to take it and sell it, i dont want it!

cheers anyhow

The Flying Banana
Monday 6th February 2006, 11:36
I see!! lol, but i would like to take it and sell it, i dont want it!

cheers anyhow

the original install invoice has the location it for the eyes of the owner only and of course the company tracking it. To remove it though is a pain, the wires ar enot colour coded, they are tagged at install and tags removed when married to your loom and cust at varied intervals so not obvious. Too much hassle for little gain i would say.

GATHY
Monday 6th February 2006, 16:32
there always situated in the bodyshell i.e,inside the b post- was generally the place fitted as all other parts were removable and if the cars not recorded stolen for a couple of days/week then they'd end up tracking a car part ie.door in this case which obviously wouldnt return the main part the of the car the shell
trackers are not 100% as they cannot always be activated due to problems with the unit itself after time as in most electonic parts i have heard of loads of trackered cars going missing,never to be seen again

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 6th February 2006, 17:57
I know where mine was hidden on my Saff Cosworth, but whats the point shouting about it on a forum ?

mikezero
Monday 6th February 2006, 18:21
I know where mine was hidden on my Saff Cosworth, but whats the point shouting about it on a forum ?

wot are u talking about??, i dont want the tracker mate!!, i dont even know where it is!! so??, and no ones shouting about my tracker location, cos nobody knows!

mikezero
Monday 6th February 2006, 18:26
the original install invoice has the location it for the eyes of the owner only and of course the company tracking it. To remove it though is a pain, the wires ar enot colour coded, they are tagged at install and tags removed when married to your loom and cust at varied intervals so not obvious. Too much hassle for little gain i would say.

sounds like a whole load of trouble to take out!

the volvo garage i brought car from, fitted it, before i brought it, so be a night mare trying to find info about it

oblark
Monday 6th February 2006, 20:48
wot are u talking about??, i dont want the tracker mate!!, i dont even know where it is!! so??, and no ones shouting about my tracker location, cos nobody knows!

I had one fitted to my company transit, it was located behind the instrument cluster and was the size of a double video case.

It was wired into the ignition and speedo. When the tracker was working a clicking could be heard over the radio speakers.

Andy
Monday 6th February 2006, 21:03

Speak to Volvo then who will inform you who fitted the tracker.... They may reveal the location, you never know.

mikezero
Monday 6th February 2006, 22:39
worth a try

cheers

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 6th February 2006, 22:40
all u r doing even debating it in my eyes is giving potential scroats information which can't positively be any good to anyone else. and they dont tell u the location on the invoice either, they dont tell u period on the official tracker.

NugentS
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 00:41
I even asked when the fitted mine - they wouldn't say.

Mind you I found it the other day when I wasn't looking for it.....

Sean

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 09:23
all u r doing even debating it in my eyes is giving potential scroats information which can't positively be any good to anyone else. and they dont tell u the location on the invoice either, they dont tell u period on the official tracker.

Sorry TDS have to disagree, they did on mine, fitters name, location of tracker is..........and this is commonplace on any other car i know with a tracker on it. Obvioulsy if the guy had a tracker fitted he wanted he wouldnt tell where it is but he wants ideas of where it can be to de install it to sell it on...nothing wrong with that

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 22:09
There are several tracking devices on the market - i had the official TRACKER as used by the Police, out of interest i asked where it was fitted - NO! The invoice, certificate of fitment had no info on it at all about location, that was in approx 1998.

rgracin
Wednesday 8th February 2006, 14:57
Who's going to buy a second hand tracker anyway?

Each unit has to be registered in order for it to work, and located by Tracker if needs be. I don't think they would re-register a tracker which has been removed from a vehicle anyway.

Sounds like a lot of greif for nothing at the end of the day.

BTW. I have to agree, It's not really a topic which should be discussed in length. Kind of defeates the purpose of the little black box anyway!!