PDA

View Full Version : Phase 2 V70 T5 Tyres

rgracin
Monday 6th February 2006, 08:23
I have done about 10,000 on a pair of front tyres so far (not too bad really) this included one track day, and a fair amount of motorway mileage. My question is, does anyone elses wear heavily on the inside edges? The rest of the tyres still have about another 5000 miles, but the insides about 1000.

Is this common, or is my tracking out?

Vikingxl
Monday 6th February 2006, 08:29
My P1 V70 has worn a lot more on the inside edges of the front tyres and tthe tracking is fine I've had it checked a few times so could be a common thing.I got about 10,000 miles out of mine as well.

Vikingxl
Monday 6th February 2006, 08:38
Does this look familiar?

farmermo
Monday 6th February 2006, 11:00
a mate of mine is an MOT tester, says this is very common on 850s and the like

rgracin
Monday 6th February 2006, 12:07
Looks like I'm going to just poke up with binning tyres that look perfectly acceptable accross most of the tread!

Anyone have an opinion of which tyres work best? I have Dunlops on the front at the moment (not impressed with the wet weather grip). Mine are 225/45/17.

BlackBeast
Monday 6th February 2006, 12:22
Must be the way i drive and all the roundabouts around my way but I have more wear on the outside rather than the inside of the tyre.

S60D5
Monday 6th February 2006, 13:30
Looks like I'm going to just poke up with binning tyres that look perfectly acceptable accross most of the tread!

Anyone have an opinion of which tyres work best? I have Dunlops on the front at the moment (not impressed with the wet weather grip). Mine are 225/45/17.

How much are you looking to spend?

Nankang NS2s are good budget tyres at £52 a corner (plus fitting) through to Goodyear Eagle F1's at around £85 per corner (plus fitting).

I have Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's at the moment and do really like them, they're about £105 per corner (plus fitting).

rgracin
Monday 6th February 2006, 14:26
I've got a spare set of wheels in the garage, one of which has a brand new Goodyear F1 on it. Reckon I'll go down that route then.

RMBBob
Thursday 6th September 2012, 16:43
I don't know if it is worth replying to this thread as it is 6 years old; but yes I had the same thing happen to me in my 2005 V70 T5. I knocked out good front tyres in 6 months, especially the insides. I put the fronts onto the back, and am now fitting Pirelli Cinturato P7 (94W) to the rear until I knockout the front Sava tyres; then I will put new P7s on the front. All then nicely balanced. Hopefully more MPG & MPTyre & Quieter ride. Fingers crossed.
About to take my RoSPA advanced so am trying to get the vehicle in perfectish condition beforehand.
:wave23d:

RMBBob
Thursday 6th September 2012, 16:47
Why is it that I reply to a post, and it does not attach itself to the post, it just disappears somewhere else. After posting my reply, I can look at my reply, but cannot see which post I have replied to. Wifey says I am DUH!

JamesT5
Thursday 6th September 2012, 16:52
I have done about 10,000 on a pair of front tyres so far (not too bad really) this included one track day, and a fair amount of motorway mileage. My question is, does anyone elses wear heavily on the inside edges? The rest of the tyres still have about another 5000 miles, but the insides about 1000.

Is this common, or is my tracking out?

That means you've got negative camber on your wheels. Get a 4 wheel alignment, I'm getting mine done tomorrow.

Regards

James

JamesT5
Thursday 6th September 2012, 16:55
And incidentally, my tyres are wearing evenly all over so I think I just have a slight toe-in or toe-out and my steering wheel is not straight when I drive straight so I'll get them to sort that out as well!