PDA

View Full Version : My dancing R AWD

KARL
Sunday 5th February 2006, 01:50
Members of the forum

My V70R AWD has developed a horrible pull on steering depending on the road surface. Its like tourque steer in my old 1.6 Pug , when I pressed to go forward quickly in.......(1987)

I have owned this R for 5 years and have never had this behaviour

before.

Is this down to failed bushes , because my tracking is spot on , at last check !

Never changed sway bars or any uprated any running gear yet.

Is there a reason for this sick behaviour !

Thanks guys/girls. Ow and well done to this site and the volvo club thing...great news.
Regards :remybussi

Andrew
Sunday 5th February 2006, 08:00
Before you start spending money check your tyre pressures. Make sure there all correct. Mine was pulling tourque steer like a bi**h until I got them locking nuts off (avoid these people) and got tyres presures spot on yesterday.

Next check tread depths I understand the older AWD systems have problems with treads which vary by more than a few mm.

I'm sure others will jump in with more information about the AWD system.

swordy21
Sunday 5th February 2006, 13:12
I would agree with Andrew, check the cheap stuff first (and about the locking wheel nuts). Then, suspension components, top mounts, drop links, wishbones, then steering box.

Was it gradual or did it come on all of a sudden?
Mine has had all the front suspension replaced and a strut brace fitted, but still torque steers especially under hard acceleration, more now I have changed the front tyres for better ones.

madness
Tuesday 7th February 2006, 17:38
Before you start spending money check your tyre pressures. Make sure there all correct. Mine was pulling tourque steer like a bi**h until I got them locking nuts off (avoid these people) and got tyres presures spot on yesterday.

Next check tread depths I understand the older AWD systems have problems with treads which vary by more than a few mm.

I'm sure others will jump in with more information about the AWD system.

2mm is allowed between all tyres .

:B_blite: