PDA

View Full Version : Washer Delay

Martinr
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 10:52
When I activate the washers on my '96 855 there is a delay before the fluid is sprayed onto the screen. The wipers commence immediately as programmed.

This hasn't caused me a problem yet but I had the same problem several years ago on a works Vectra ( :eek: ) This lead to a hairy moment whilst whilst driving on the M40 to Oxford on a sunny winters day.

On that occasion there was a lot of muck being thrown up. I activated the wash/wipe but the wipers only served to smear the screen. The dirt combined with the low, very bright sunlight gave the result that I couldn't see anything! As I was in the fast lane doing around 85/90 this was not good and I had to swerve to the hard shoulder and sort it. The problem was found to be the non-return valve in the washer bottle.

I think this may be the same problem I have now. Has anyone else had this problem and if so was it relatively easy to sort.

Cheers

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 10:59
I have not heard of this problem before. As you are really close - if you wanted - you can bring her round and I will have a look this weekend.

Martinr
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 11:10
That's very kind of you Dave. Would Sunday be convenient? PM me with your details if this is Ok and tell me a time.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 16:44
Can't promise you a resolution but I will do my best - pm sent

Bracer
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 16:47
Dave get a couple of washer check valves at the ready, as I'm 110% its these that are stuck open / failed :wink: