PDA

View Full Version : Shall i Get a S40 T4 & Sell my T5

Guilo2k4
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 20:26
Hi All

What do members especially Senior ones think of me Selling my 96 850 GLT T5 and Buying a newer S40 T4 about a V or W reg.

I test drove a 98 se model which was Superchipped (lol) and it seemed a bit rough.

I would obviously be visiting VT for Rica.

cheers

Kev

GATHY
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 21:40
HI
i had a x plate phase 2 (Phase 2 improved handling wider track etc.)
lowered it and chipped her up,
i had to play with the rear cambers and tracking to get it set up right and if you havent got a mate with a ramp youll have trouble trying to set it up(so it corners unlike standard form where it understeers to death.must admit though having t5 and then going to t4 it seems a bit more of a handful and quicker when you finally get traction /wouldnt bother getting it chipped though suspension cannot handle the 200bhp standard. and the fuel goes from 30ish round town to 19 mpg
old t4 turned out to be scary in the rain when it starts spining the wheels in 4th at 70mph (honest great engine bad handling)
have a look in gallery shes there somewhere

overall >harsh ride as standard
torque steers under boost
still have another though
gathy

Guilo2k4
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 21:59
Hi Gathy,

Cheers for Reply.

I may just keep my T5 for a few years lol and visit VT for 304 Rica Package in next 3 - 4 weeks.

My 850 is good motor with all extras but few things seem to be going wrong with it lately.

cheers

Kev

SaffronC70
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 22:30
My dad has a 2000 S40 T4 and it made 220bhp on PE's rollers as standard.

It is a bit of a hand full if you push it too hard, but I think you will learn the engine quickly.

Decent tyres will help out in putting the power down.

Other than that, I'd have one ! I wanted one before my C70, but they wouldn't insure me on a T4, how strange is that ?!

Guilo2k4
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 22:36
Hmm Decisions decisions eh.

I cant make my bloody mind up.

volvotuning
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 22:46
Personally I have always preferred the T5 to the T4. We see a lot of Volvos on a daily basis and I do prefer the T5 motors. They are generally more refined and nicer to drive in my opinion, and they certainly feel better built. My mum owns a V40, I have owned a C70, 850 and S60, and my father has had about 9 million Volvos from the 240 DL right through to the current V70 D5. For me, the S/V40 would be the hardest to live with on a daily basis. But that's just my opinion. Plenty of people like the T4.

There is only one way to find out and that is to buy it. If you're not happy with it, sell it and buy something else!

Adam.