PDA

View Full Version : Tracs

Martinr
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 16:41
Quick question.

I have no warning lights and the ABS functions perfectly but TRACS seems to be inoperative.

Anyone else had this problem?

Oh and "Yes it is switched on" :)

pault5
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 17:00
hello,
TRACS only works i think under 25MPH. its mainly for use pulling away in snow. basicly its crap!
paul

Martinr
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 17:04
I agree its crap but I seem to get no benefit at all, I.e. there seems to be no barrier to wheelspin when pulling away other than easing off the throttle.

In damp weather I get spin even when I accelerate gently, (Ultracs will need replacing soon).

pyrotechnictigger
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 17:08
I agree its crap but I seem to get no benefit at all.

Mine works and in just the same way
:slap:

Martinr
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 17:18
Ah so it is my expectation that something might happen that is at fault.

Waste of a warning light and switch position. Will change the tyres and hope the increased grip that results will help.

John
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 18:30
Quick question.

I have no warning lights and the ABS functions perfectly but TRACS seems to be inoperative.

Mine has the same problem S70 T5, spins the wheels with little effort, traction control on or off seems to make little difference, no fault codes, no warning lights on and new tyres P6000,s fitted. :slap:

arbee
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 20:32
Ah so it is my expectation that something might happen that is at fault.

Waste of a warning light and switch position. Will change the tyres and hope the increased grip that results will help.

LOL! yeah those be my experiences too! it certainly can't be considered as intrusive or nannying as is so often the case these days!

fireclown
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 20:40
i think it only works if one wheel is spinning. it is a early system. ie ££££e.

S60D5
Friday 3rd February 2006, 08:44
i think it only works if one wheel is spinning. it is a early system. ie ££££e.

It measures the rotation of one wheel vs. the other. If they're both spinning, it'll not do much! It's alright on patchy iced roads, but stick it in snow and ask it to perform and it'll try, and then give up. In deep snow, the wheels will spin together and TRACS won't do anything.

Put on some ultra sticky tyres on the front if traction is a problem (in the dry/wet - not snow) - Bridgestone Potenza RE050 or S-01, S-02, S-03 ?

t5owner
Friday 3rd February 2006, 11:00
Quick question.

By saying it`s switched on you mean you haven`t touched the switch at all ??

lance
Friday 3rd February 2006, 11:58
Tracs ony works a little bit upto 27 mph it should make a wee noise if you accelerate hard from a standing start a kind a "HHMP" sound this will be more noticeable if you boot it on ice or snow!

Babybadger
Friday 3rd February 2006, 12:25
If you want serious traction control then look at this site :

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/?show=Traction_Control

I don't have tracs and personally don't see the need for it. I think a well set up suspension and good tyres is more useful.

The problem I see with Tracs, is it interacts with the braking system rather than cutting the power, so it grabs at the ABS to slow the wheels , hence more brake wear!

siamblue
Friday 3rd February 2006, 15:22
Redbrick has the race logic on his car, If you fit wider tyres and a top make on a standard car you can remove most of the wheel spin, it also depends on weather conditions and of course the way the car is boosting,

Gary

NugentS
Friday 3rd February 2006, 19:15
Redbrick has the race logic on his car, If you fit wider tyres and a top make on a standard car you can remove most of the wheel spin, it also depends on weather conditions and of course the way the car is boosting,

Gary

I also have racelogic TC on mine - the tires will still spin but then the TC kicks in and the engine feels funny for a while - very stuttery and the wheels stop spinning.