PDA

View Full Version : Which Oil is best and where is cheap to have it done.......

Babybadger
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 15:04
I know this could go on for years this argument , but if I have a genuine Volvo or Mann filter and supply it to Kwik-££££e type place, who is the cheapest and best to change the oil for the 850 T5 with RICA? Last time I had fully synth mobil 1 and it was £80 to change it!

A saving on that would be truly great. Its now getting like treacle and will it need flushing out?

MattB
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 15:10
Halfords 10w40 x 5L is reduced to £8.99.
Have just bought some, along with a volvo filter from GSF ready to do my change next month. I think the filter was about £7.

Babybadger
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 15:16
Halfords 10w40 x 5L is reduced to £8.99.
Have just bought some, along with a volvo filter from GSF ready to do my change next month. I think the filter was about £7.

How much oil do I need?

mraldonnelly
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 15:18
Dude,

HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE thread here:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=76998#post76998.

You need roughly five litres.

Where are you? I can change it for you in 15 - 30 minutes if you can get to Liverpool.

Regards

Andy.

P.S. £80 for an oil change! :jaw:

Babybadger
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 15:27
Dude,

HUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE thread here:

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=76998#post76998.

You need roughly five litres.

Where are you? I can change it for you in 15 - 30 minutes if you can get to Liverpool.

Regards

Andy.

P.S. £80 for an oil change! :jaw:

Unfortunately, in South East , Bexley Kent to be exact.

£80 for an oil change is a bit steep, but it was filter and Mobil 1 and labour + the dreaded VAT, SW autos in Kent http://www.swautos.co.uk/default.aspx

Christ that is a long thread and I am still none the wiser , its either shell helix 10w/40 or its fully synthetic 5w/40 and a bird called 'ester'!

weasel
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 17:21
Its now getting like treacle and will it need flushing out?
how old is it?

read the manual, consider how you drive, do you need high frequency oil changes/synthetics? use a genuine filter, supply the bits youself and get some monkey somwhere to do it for 20 quid.

dicky b t5
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 17:52
Its now getting like treacle and will it need flushing out?
how old is it?

read the manual, consider how you drive, do you need high frequency oil changes/synthetics? use a genuine filter, supply the bits youself and get some monkey somwhere to do it for 20 quid.
I thought it was a bad idea to flush the Engine oil out.....?

Can loosen crap in the engine and find its way to the Turbo, which wont do it alot of good.....? :pants:

NugentS
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 12:25
Quickfit do Mobil1 + filter at a quite reasonable price (in particular as our cars take an extra litre over what they expect)

Its better if you provide the filter though - use a genuine Volvo one....

Sean

Redbrick
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 12:49
Quickfit do Mobil1 + filter at a quite reasonable price (in particular as our cars take an extra litre over what they expect)

Its better if you provide the filter though - use a genuine Volvo one....

Sean

KwikFit are cheaper than buying just the oil.

If only my local KwikFit hadn't turned into such complete and utter 'Jobsworths':

''We couldn't possibly fit your own 'Volvo' oil filter SIR 'cause it might be the wrong one' and you might then sue us.''

:wtf: :pants:

S60D5
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 12:50
I buy it in France, it's £20 for 5 - 6 litres of Mobil 1 5w-40 Fully Synth.