PDA

View Full Version : Another aircon question..

Rick448
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 08:38
I am getting my T5 CD on Friday :D and am wondering about aircon after seeing many horror stories. Do nearly all the 850 aircon units pack in or is it just that people only report the failures? Is fitting the pollen filter the best way to prevent failure? Will the CD have aircin or Climate control, and if it has CC does that make any difference?
Cheers.

Vikingxl
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 08:42
Best way to keep it working is to keep using it on a regular basis as i believe the gas keeps the system lubricated and lack of use dries everything out.

chriskay
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 09:41
Hi, Rich; It'll have climate control. As Viking said, use it regularly to prevent gas loss. It may have a pollen filter; if it hasn't, you need to get one & the fitting kit. It prevents crap from building up on the evaporator. Makes no difference whether it's CC or simple aircon. I think most aircon systems need re-gassing every few years. Had mine done last year. My Volvo dealer charged about £55 which was cheaper than an independent.
Cheers, Chris.

Rick448
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 09:46
Thanks Chris. So that's Strut brace, pollen filter kit, now what else can i find to do... bigger brakes next i bet. I wish i could get out and away from this PC, it's costing me a fortune ;)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 10:54
I have the pollen filter and fitting kit should you require?

Rick448
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 10:56
How much would you want for that Dave? Can you PM me, as i think i will need this if the one i am getting doesn't have it fitted already. Cheers.