PDA

View Full Version : V40/R25 Help

Mark_V40T4
Sunday 29th January 2006, 13:46
The speedo on the V40 has gone off and i dont know what it is just wandering if anyone has any ideas to what it could be? :sick:

Also the Aircon light and the Switch opposite are flashing and the aircon doesnt work? :sick:

And does any know anything About Rover 25's ? keeps getting hot, not very often but it does. Have to keep topping it up the water. There are no leaks or anything. :sick:

thx.
Mark

mickys60t5
Sunday 29th January 2006, 15:38
i know just the man for the job hes called bells give him the right money and your problems will be gone ha ha numpty :haha: :sinner:

Mark_V40T4
Sunday 29th January 2006, 20:24
Why would i want to scrap a T4? .. and a Rover 25? :P ... ur just jealous there both faster than urs!!

T4 & Rover 25 powah!!

Mark.

Mark_V40T4
Monday 30th January 2006, 18:55
anyone? no...?

:( :( :( :troutslap

Vikingxl
Thursday 2nd February 2006, 05:45
Rover 25 head gasket?

carnuts
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 00:45
aircon might have a leak or just needs re gassing
check on the back of the clocks had it a few times where they can come loose normally if the vss isnt working it will throw up a fault

the rover 25s do have a nasty habbit of blowing headgaskets im afraid to say

hope this helps

Vikingxl
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 08:11
Is the speedo not an electrical part of the abs or something silly like that?

carnuts
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 09:54
i cant remember on that model but it will all still come back to a vss (vehicle speed sensor) but i have never had to replace 1

t5owner
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 10:41
Heard about them rover 25`s and yes they do overheat due to the poor design of the cooling system typical british car looks good but the engines crap you will just have to live with it or else fit a bigger expansion tank and add more antifreeze to the mix as it boils at a higher temp than water

You shoulda got the 25 with the jap engine in much better and they don`t overheat

Cheers

Martinr
Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 11:57
My bet on the 25 would be the head gasket. Known fault.

As far as I know the 'K' series was used on all 25's.

The "Jap" engine, (I presume you mean Honda unit), was used in the model previous to the 25, which was also known as the Rover 200. The 1600cc unit was very sweet.

Rufe
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 19:30
Is the speedo not an electrical part of the abs or something silly like that?
yes, its located in the ABS control unit, silly money too mate unfortunately.

madness
Thursday 23rd February 2006, 20:42
aircon lights mean a fault has occoured and is logged. a dealer needs to read them off.
did the 2 faults happen at the same time?

the speed comes from the abs sensors. i think particularly lhf wheel.

is the abs ok? if it is, it will be the info panel , loose connection or wiring fault.

Vikingxl
Friday 24th February 2006, 09:30
yes, its located in the ABS control unit, silly money too mate unfortunately.Hooray i was right about something!About time i suppose