Saturday 28th January 2006, 21:31
I think you should keep your vaseline habbits to yourself fraz :D

mikezero
Saturday 28th January 2006, 21:45
I think you should keep your vaseline habbits to yourself fraz :D

lol, was it a tight fit fraz??

racer
Sunday 29th January 2006, 00:19
I too find the Vaseline a bit worrysome!

What's the rectangular black jobbie between the top of the dip stick and the charge air pipe?

fraz13
Sunday 29th January 2006, 00:36
The black "jobbie" as you call it usually lives where the vasaline was used.....

siamblue
Sunday 29th January 2006, 01:17
Nice job mate, how much did it set you back in the end?
and where's your DV gone?

Gary

BlackBeast
Sunday 29th January 2006, 01:31
Any difference driving wise? Slightly higher turbo pressure? Less lag?

fraz13
Sunday 29th January 2006, 12:50
Cost me a bit more than a hoped, Ended up getting 2 pipes from Volvo at the cost of £35 + vat on top of what a gave Spesh

The DV is now on the pipe from the bottom of the cooler to the inlet manifold :D

Not noticed any difference yet as a aint really driven it since, A dont really expect any difference, just happy its different from most of the other T5's about :D

siamblue
Sunday 29th January 2006, 17:37
The DV is now on the pipe from the bottom of the cooler to the inlet manifold :D

Not noticed any difference yet as a aint really driven it since, A dont really expect any difference, just happy its different from most of the other T5's about :D

Glad it's still there ;)

My car makes all sorts of noises, you can hear the whooosh of air being sucked in through my rev I/C the whistle of the turbo, the growl of the 5 pot, the burble of the TME cat back and finally the DV getting rid of the hot air,
who needs a Stereo with all of that going on lol.

Gary

Vikingxl
Monday 30th January 2006, 16:21
I shall be there for a closer look soon mate

t5tart
Monday 30th January 2006, 16:26
lol mine is like that stock
i was going to change it the the way you had yours lol

we could have just swapped pipes lol

fraz13
Monday 30th January 2006, 16:32
A few people would snap your hands off or the reverse ic pipes, If you want my original pipes we could still swap, only the pipe where my DV was would need replacing

thomo2cav
Wednesday 1st February 2006, 04:40
Hi guys, now this may sound a stupid question, but whats the advantage of reversing the Intercooler? Seems in the original set up with the longer piping (from the turbo to lower I.C intake) there is more of a chance for some compressor heat to radiate away (even in the hot engine bay) and the cooled air less distance to travel through piping in a hot engine bay before being delivered into the engine.
Perhaps very minior descrepances, and would be interesting data to see, turbo air temps on compressor outlet/ I.C inlet, outlet.
Anyway...just thoughts.
Thomo