PDA

View Full Version : How much do you reckon my T5 is worth?

JimboT5
Friday 27th January 2006, 22:01
Hi all,

I'd be grateful if you could all give me a rough indication of my cars value as I am considering putting it up for sale. I really really don't want too but I just seem to never have any money anymore and a lot of it goes on the car which I borrowed for in the first place. Coupled to 23-25mpg its a bit painful even on a limited mileage. Considering buying a cheaper car and then maybe I can stop worrying about being potless all the time.

It's a 1995 850 T5 estate with automatic transmission. The car has covered 126k but the engine was replaced at 121k with a stronger S70R block that has covered 68k. In metallic aubergine with factory fitted tinted windows and lowered suspension and really does look fantastic. Bodywork and interior are impeccable.

Specfication: (nabbed off Darren's original add)

16” Columba T5 light-alloy wheels
205/50/16 Z-rated tyres
Rear body spoiler
Volvo tinted windows (all round. legal)
Front fog-lights in bumper
Lowered chassis (-20mm)
Load-compensating, self levelling suspension
Full dark-grey leather interior
Electric front seats (Driver/Passenger)
Heated seats (Driver/Passenger/Rear)
Walnut dash & centre console
Driver, Passenger & Side curtain airbags
SIPS Impact Protection
Electric Windows x 4, Drivers 1-Touch
Electric side wing-mirrors
Remote Central Locking
Heated wing-mirrors
Heated rear screen
High Level arm-rest with cup holders
Volvo C70 6-CD Changer + Volvo headunit
Dual Climate Control (inc. Air Con)
Electric Glass Tilt/Slide sunroof
Multi-Function on-board computer
Turbocharger boost-gauge
Cruise Control

Most expensive jobs already complete including turbo seals, main seal, aircon overhauled in 2004. Has a SRS warning light and will need new tyres in not too distant future.

Any indication as to price? I'm hoping around the £3200 mark, I know I'll never get what I paid for it back.

Cheers!

S60D5
Friday 27th January 2006, 22:06
Before you bought it I had it up for sale around the £3800 mark, I had a fair amount of interest in it on the VOC website and a couple of offers around the lower price you paid for it.

There was one that sold on eBay recently with a much less spec but very good condition for £3,300 although it was manual, just goes to prove that there are people out there who will pay a premium for exceptional examples :)

I don't really understand why you want to sell it though, the only extra expense is the fuel, and you have been doing some exceptional miles recently!!

JimboT5
Friday 27th January 2006, 23:28
I don't really want to sell it, but the fuel is pretty painful plus I've got some hefty bills coming up for tax, MOT, tyres, servicing and getting the SRS sorted. I just seem to worry about money all the time and I need quite a lot for a holiday I've arranged. My plan is to flog the car, buy a cheaper car for £800-1000 and use the cash for the holiday whilist keeping my loan going.

Unless my dad will lend me the money......... :bricks:

S60D5
Saturday 28th January 2006, 11:10
I don't really want to sell it, but the fuel is pretty painful plus I've got some hefty bills coming up for tax, MOT, tyres, servicing and getting the SRS sorted. I just seem to worry about money all the time and I need quite a lot for a holiday I've arranged. My plan is to flog the car, buy a cheaper car for £800-1000 and use the cash for the holiday whilist keeping my loan going.

Unless my dad will lend me the money......... :bricks:

Blimey, must be some holiday!!!!!

The car will keep you happy (?? Hopefully!) for a long time, whereas a holiday will be over within 2 weeks or what not!!

The service shouldn't come to more than £150 tops bearing in mind you're supplying the parts, it's done next to no miles since the last MOT (5,000ish?), two tyres will be less than £100 fitted. Not sure about the SRS light problem, Charlwood cleaned the contacts and it was good for ~3,500 miles.

If I had the space I'd buy it back :frown:

Bet you're glad you didn't go for an Audi S6 in the end now, aren't you! :drunk: