PDA

View Full Version : Ordered SAM's New Boots

Bracer
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 14:28
Falken FK451 :eek:

http://www.falkens.co.uk/images_products_large/167.jpg

And the Titans are getting refurbished too :wink:

The tyres should be here on thursday and the wheels refurbished Wednesday the 9th :thewave:

lance
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 14:47
Look like a good wet tyre!

Bracer
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 14:54
Look like a good wet tyre!

They get good right ups under all conditions :)

I'm just wondering what colour to get the rims done now :rolleyes:

Do I go origial Titan colour or more like the Peg's Titanuim :shifty:

Bracer
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 15:03
some reviews

http://www.epinions.com/Falken_GR_Beta_FK_451_Passenger_Performance_Tire/display_~reviews

http://www.1010tires.com/tirereviews/Falken_GRB_FK-451_tire_reviews.html

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 15:07
i was supplied with Falkens when i brought my 18's, went through the front very quickly but the rears are still on now (& they were fitted 3 years ago)

Bracer
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 16:42
i was supplied with Falkens when i brought my 18's, went through the front very quickly but the rears are still on now (& they were fitted 3 years ago)

How quick are we talking about here mate ? And how did they feel before they turned slick ?

HuskMan
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 16:55
Bracer I'm looking for 4 new boots and struggling to find a deal - how much you paying for the Falkens?

Anyone recommend a dealer/fitter in Notts/Derbys?

Pedro Fandango
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 17:10
How quick are we talking about here mate ? And how did they feel before they turned slick ?
sure they lasted about 7k, traction off the line was very good actually but i never boot BT through the twists so can't say about cornering

Al115
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 17:45
Nononono don't do it, I've got these on my T5 and can't wait to be shot of them! Not that it'll take long as they wear so quickly... 7k is about right. I've had mine on for 5 and am on 3-4mm at the front.

I'd happily compromise grip for longevity, but these don't seem to give either!

Cheap though - and they look great!

Alastair

Bracer
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 08:03
Hmm, 7k thats not great but as I only got 4 out of my existing tyres it will be an improvment :eek:

And the fact that I only do just over 4k a year wont be too bad for me + they only cost me £300 for the 4 + a set of flush fit valves delivered to my door, £28 fitting and balancing and the fact the rears should go on forever mean that £150 a year on fronts I find is pretty acceptable :tank:

siamblue
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 11:29
Steve are you going 40s or 45s?
I am sure you can get a better tyre for around the £85-£95.

siamblue
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 11:39
I know of a place that can do Pirelli P7000 225/40s for £177 inc del for 2,Or Falkens same size but ZE512 for £142 delivered.

lance
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 12:18
I recently bought some BF goodridges Fitted £60 a corner + vat from the guy that refurbed my titans. 5k+ on and they are wearing well , tractions as good as I hoped for and handling is good too but Im only comparing 16s Pzeros and standard wheels so difficult to give an unbiased opinion.
But I will be buying again + they have rim protecters which help prevent LIGHT kerbing.

The Guy who I got them from is Gareth Richards 077736 9973314
He is Leicester based but can come to you and take wheels away!

Bracer
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 12:37
Steve are you going 40s or 45s?
I am sure you can get a better tyre for around the £85-£95.

I'm getting 45 profiles @ £75 each

Bracer
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 12:39
I recently bought some BF goodridges Fitted £60 a corner + vat from the guy that refurbed my titans. 5k+ on and they are wearing well , tractions as good as I hoped for and handling is good too but Im only comparing 16s Pzeros and standard wheels so difficult to give an unbiased opinion.
But I will be buying again + they have rim protecters which help prevent LIGHT kerbing.

The Guy who I got them from is Gareth Richards 077736 9973314
He is Leicester based but can come to you and take wheels away!

LOL there are plenty of little scrotes round here that would like to have my wheels away too :mgshoot:

HuskMan
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 15:18
Lance, what kind of turn-round time is it for Gareth Richards? Same day turn-around or is it a few days?

Sounds like a good deal though. My best so far is Falkens at 75 a corner or 68 if I want to drive 10 miles or so into Derbys...

lance
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 15:54
Probably do same day if you go to him. Mine took a week but he did compleatly refurb and repair my wheels and paint em.
Give him a call see what he says!

Bracer
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 16:17
My guy is coming to me :wink:

He has all the gear in a van inc the oven :eek:

siamblue
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 18:22
Come on then Bracer how much per wheel to refurb?
I just ordered some paint for mine,Getting a match off the £14 150ml tin i got from Victors,
£9 for 400ml as i need to do 3 wheels :eek: wasn't me honest.

Ivan
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 18:25
Did you say you were getting your Alloys reconditioned?
I wanted mine done, checked out some prices, and fainted.

This leaves me with the dish-scourer and paint-brush option!!!! (jk).

Al115
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 00:40
Mate - if I'm getting 7k out of these, you'll get 3!!! :wink:

Alastair

Bracer
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 08:24
Come on then Bracer how much per wheel to refurb?
I just ordered some paint for mine,Getting a match off the £14 150ml tin i got from Victors,
£9 for 400ml as i need to do 3 wheels :eek: wasn't me honest.

£45 a wheel which I dont think is bad being I dont loose them for any time as they are coming to my work to do it :wink:

Bracer
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 08:25
Mate - if I'm getting 7k out of these, you'll get 3!!! :wink:

Alastair

As long as these grip I'll be happy with that :eek:

Bracer
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 08:27
These are the peeps that are doing the job. The guy that owns the company is a mate of a guy I work with and recomended him.

Wheel Repair It (http://www.wheelrepairit.com/)

Bracer
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 16:55
Well I took delivery of the tyres this morning, and took them straight round to the tyre fitter round the corner from me who fitted and ballanced all 4 for £28, not bad I thought :shifty:

Well it was only a 2 min drive back to work so dont know what there gonna perform like yet but they look good. And I must say in 215 format look to provide a very good rim protection indeed :tank:

So I'm well happy so far :thewave:

Steve

grumpybob
Saturday 5th March 2005, 14:14
I have just had A set OF 17"s refurbed (blasted and powder coated) for £100 & vat not bad deal and they did a good job. Decided to go for Uniroyal Rain Sports at £78 a corner. They have been on the car for a couple of weeks and I am quite imporessed so far - in weather ranging from sun, rain and snow. They are crap on ice but that may have something to do with Rica and a heavy right foot!!.

Rob

glock19
Sunday 6th March 2005, 23:31
Bracer, how do you paste the pictures in, without using the 'Attachment' function ? I have some new concept tyres from Michelin to show....

Bracer
Monday 7th March 2005, 08:56
Bracer, how do you paste the pictures in, without using the 'Attachment' function ? I have some new concept tyres from Michelin to show....

The pics need to be hosted on the web first of all, like my CarDomain page, then you use the attachment feature :wink:

Bracer
Monday 7th March 2005, 08:57
I have just had A set OF 17"s refurbed (blasted and powder coated) for £100 & vat not bad deal and they did a good job. Decided to go for Uniroyal Rain Sports at £78 a corner. They have been on the car for a couple of weeks and I am quite imporessed so far - in weather ranging from sun, rain and snow. They are crap on ice but that may have something to do with Rica and a heavy right foot!!.

Rob

Thats sounds a cracking deal on the re-furb, how about some pics :rainfro: