PDA

View Full Version : abs ecu

fireplums
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 12:18
Sure this has been mentioned before but could'nt find it

ABS light is coming on intermittently and sometimes the ABS kicks in when its not needed. The garage tells me that this is a common problem?

Doesnt someone here do a fixing service? dave850r possibly?

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and what was the solution.

cheers

siamblue
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 12:37
Yes Dave is the main ABS man :worship:

fraz13
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 12:57
A had that problem bud, Dave sorted mines oot

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 02:10
Yep - that would be me!

siamblue
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 11:19
Dave you really rattled that AP guy on Sunday,Is it a Brummie thing or do they all speak their mind?lol.
But he was mightily p'ed off lol,

firthman
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 19:30
dave850r :worship: if the abs light stays on is this the problem you can fix?
and if you can how much do you charge.ive just bought a t5 and the light stays on, :mad:

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 02:15
Dave you really rattled that AP guy on Sunday,Is it a Brummie thing or do they all speak their mind?lol.
But he was mightily p'ed off lol,

I met him before last year at the Motorcycle Museum Meeting, with Duane and Justin and other familiar faces. The guy is clueless and he talks down to people. I grant you a 302 upgrade (£120 for the bigger carriers) might be worth doing. He was running a stock 850R Saloon with an AP kit. Which is pointless. I showed you, did I not the successful function of the Ferodo/Brembo setup (on 280mm).

BTW I am not actually a Brummie. I am from Lancashire. So I speak as I find. I find him a pompous ar*e - and I am not the only one.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 02:20
dave850r :worship: if the abs light stays on is this the problem you can fix?
and if you can how much do you charge.ive just bought a t5 and the light stays on, :mad:

The light should come on for a brief moment after ignition and go out. If it stays on then you have a problem. I would get the codes read to ensure that sensors are OK. If they are OK then it is more than likely that I will be able to fix it - which is why I offer a no fix no fee service. To date I have been 100% successful.

Should you wish to take up this service then just drop me a line

EMAIL (davep@bigrevolvos.co.uk)

or send me a private message.

Ivan
Thursday 3rd March 2005, 16:07
BTW I am not actually a Brummie. I am from Lancashire. So I speak as I find. I find him a pompous ar*e - and I am not the only one.

Lancashire, good man! :worship: That's where I originated from - some say I crawled from one of the ponds, but I reckon that's just vicious rumour :-D