PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th January 2006, 01:27
I have one remaining fog light. The other one died in the accident. Trouble is - I cant remember which side is which. Someone has asked after it and it would be nice if one of you C70 owner types could have a quick butchers and tell me...

madness
Tuesday 24th January 2006, 14:27
part number from the back dave?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 24th January 2006, 16:56
I will get it for you.

madness
Tuesday 24th January 2006, 17:07
Ok mate

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 23:06
If memory serves it was the passenger side... I had to remove it to get access for your grinder.....i think....

Rufe
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 23:10
for your refernece,

if the part number on the back is one of these:

LEFT:
or

RIGHT:
or

if not, post it up here, and one of us should be able to help you out. cant really tell from that photo.

LeeT5
Thursday 26th January 2006, 00:36
Looks like the nearside to me.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 26th January 2006, 01:41
Nearside it is then - I thought so.

the_player
Thursday 26th January 2006, 13:17
Just wondering then (as I am thinking of buying this off Dave!) is there anyway to fit it to the drivers side ? I currently have a fully functional drivers side fog but with a smashed lens. Can I transplant the lens or part of the fog to make a complete drivers side one ?

Any advice much appreciated...

Thanks

Ben.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 26th January 2006, 14:18
Ben - I am sure it is just the clamp that is "handed" -
Had an IDEA!!!
I havent thrown the broken one and I should be able to retrieve the clamp from it.

Glad you found us BTW

Welcome to the House of Fun! :wavey:

LeeT5
Thursday 26th January 2006, 23:45
Ben - I am sure it is just the clamp that is "handed" -
Had an IDEA!!!
I havent thrown the broken one and I should be able to retrieve the clamp from it.

Glad you found us BTW

Welcome to the House of Fun! :wavey:

Dont think its possible as the glass is bonded to the housing and is shaped so that it only fits into one side of the bumper.
The glass has quite a steep slant as Dave will know!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 27th January 2006, 00:21
I went to the remnants this evening and couldnt find the bracket alas.

the_player
Sunday 29th January 2006, 22:47
Hi Dave,

Well I've been thinking the same (about the clamp). My drivers side fog is fully functional - it is just the glass that is smashed - therefore I have the clamp etc. Are we saying that I could or couldn't generate a full fog from mine and daves bits ?

Ben.

the_player
Sunday 29th January 2006, 22:56
By the way - good to find the forum. Only just found the thread where I worked out it was your car that got smashed - glad your ok mate!

Can't remember if I've asked you or not - but do you haveone of those egg-crate grills available as well as the fog ?

Thanks

Ben.

LeeT5
Sunday 29th January 2006, 23:31
Hi Dave,

Well I've been thinking the same (about the clamp). My drivers side fog is fully functional - it is just the glass that is smashed - therefore I have the clamp etc. Are we saying that I could or couldn't generate a full fog from mine and daves bits ?

Ben.

Don't think so m8.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 30th January 2006, 01:45
I will let you have the fog on sale or return. If you find you cant use it, then just send it back.

the_player
Monday 30th January 2006, 11:22
OK - sounds fair enough. Shall I email you my address ?

Any joy on the egg crate grill ?

Thanks

Ben.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 30th January 2006, 12:40
I dont have the grill - it was sold within a week. (ask Stuart!!)

the_player
Monday 30th January 2006, 21:40
Dave,

I've dropped you an email with my details. I'm assuming its OK for you to send it and then if its OK - I'll send you the cheque/postage, or would you rather have it first ?

Just been talking to one of my friends at an old IT company that I used to work at that knows you.... small world.

Ben

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 31st January 2006, 01:33
Who?? LOL

the_player
Monday 24th April 2006, 18:03
Just to let everyone know - Dave was right, it is only the clamp that is "handed". I fitted it today (after negotiating the pain in the arse washer wiper bottle) and it looks perfect.

Cheers Dave - you saved me a fortune...

Ben.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 24th April 2006, 23:19
Sorry it took so long to sort out - just got a bit busy with other stuff - glad it worked out in the end and it is also useful to know that the light will fit either side.