PDA

View Full Version : Boot Light

BlackBeast
Monday 23rd January 2006, 19:26
Got an anoying problem with the boot, i used the boot unlock flap on the drivers door which didnt actually pop the boot open, i had to use the handle anyway, and since then i cant get the warning light in the dash to go off. If i leave the light on in the boot and close the boot door it wont go out.

Anyone got a cure for this problem other than take the bulb out of the dash???

mraldonnelly
Monday 23rd January 2006, 20:56
Hi BB,

The flap in the drivers door doesn't *pop* the boot, it just unlocks it if you've got all other doors locked - you've still gotta use the flappy handle on the tailgate lid.

Anyhows, it sounds like the microswitch is on it's way out. Mine does it sometimes - the only solution I've found so far is to keep slamming the boot 'til the light goes out.

Regards

Andy

BlackBeast
Monday 23rd January 2006, 21:02
Hi BB,

The flap in the drivers door doesn't *pop* the boot, it just unlocks it if you've got all other doors locked - you've still gotta use the flappy handle on the tailgate lid.

Anyhows, it sounds like the microswitch is on it's way out. Mine does it sometimes - the only solution I've found so far is to keep slamming the boot 'til the light goes out.

Regards

Andy

Ah, thats ok then, i thought it was meant to pop like the fuel cap.

Do you know where this microswitch is located? Ive slammed the boot lid 4 times earlier but the light never went out :(

mraldonnelly
Monday 23rd January 2006, 21:14
Ah, thats ok then, i thought it was meant to pop like the fuel cap.

Do you know where this microswitch is located? Ive slammed the boot lid 4 times earlier but the light never went out :(

Sorry, I said that before like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Unfortunately the microswitch is in the lock mechanism and the best course of action is to replace the lock assembly!

Try giving it a good squirt of WD40 and open close open close several times to see if it helps.

Regards

Andy

BlackBeast
Monday 23rd January 2006, 21:24
Sorry, I said that before like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Unfortunately the microswitch is in the lock mechanism and the best course of action is to replace the lock assembly!

Try giving it a good squirt of WD40 and open close open close several times to see if it helps.

Regards

Andy

Ok, will do, i shall report my findings after ive done the wd spraying.

BlackBeast
Tuesday 24th January 2006, 15:57
Sprayed a load of wd40 around and inside the lock, closed the boot lid a number of times, hasnt cured the problem though :(

BlackBeast
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 16:54
Driving along today and the light went out, so no more annoying light on in the dash.

mraldonnelly
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 16:58
Driving along today and the light went out, so no more annoying light on in the dash.

You opened the boot since? LOL.

Hopefully it'll stay out.

BlackBeast
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 17:05
You opened the boot since? LOL.

Hopefully it'll stay out.

Nope LOL, not since spraying wd all over the lock. Might have something to do with all the tools i have in the back knocking the boot lid. One things for definate though, i wont be using the interior boot opener ever again.

LeeT5
Saturday 4th February 2006, 23:36
Nope LOL, not since spraying wd all over the lock. Might have something to do with all the tools i have in the back knocking the boot lid. One things for definate though, i wont be using the interior boot opener ever again.

Rather a cheap mans fix, dont you think? Whats the point in having it if your not gonna use it. That would wind me up, like a bulb not working, get it fixed yer lazy git :)

BlackBeast
Sunday 5th February 2006, 12:44
Rather a cheap mans fix, dont you think? Whats the point in having it if your not gonna use it. That would wind me up, like a bulb not working, get it fixed yer lazy git :)

Not really, i dont think it has any use tbh, it doesnt actually pop the boot open and as the car is unlocked, the boot is also unlocked. So it doesnt worry me in the slightest.

Vikingxl
Sunday 5th February 2006, 17:08
Good point Blackbeast i have only used mine once and that was to see if it worked and it did.

GATHY
Sunday 5th February 2006, 17:22
this as gone on to long know

====take the bulb out, lol=====

anybody need some bulbs ive got loads spare from my car,lol

god im gonna have to stop drinking cider on sundays :drunk:

Vikingxl
Sunday 5th February 2006, 18:18
god im gonna have to stop drinking cider on sundays :drunk:
Why drinking cider is a good thing!