PDA

View Full Version : Help please, where to get

mavv
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 22:51
Smoked front headlights and indicators for my S40 T4.???

Interior wood panels on consule and all 4 doors, would like to replace them with aluminuim or that, any suppliers out there?

Any help greatly appreciated...:)

mavv
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 18:04
got the light question sorted :)

Just the interior wood look panels now??

no ideas then?

Would love to change them to aluminium or that....might have to just cover the door ones in leather or that....

Andrew
Wednesday 25th January 2006, 18:10
got the light question sorted :)

Just the interior wood look panels now??

no ideas then?

Would love to change them to aluminium or that....might have to just cover the door ones in leather or that....

Hey Mavv - unusual no one answered you. I presume there quite rare so if you found a source for the lights please share the answer as in 6 months time someone will ask again...

mavv
Thursday 26th January 2006, 00:20
Have started a thread mate....

from volvo dealers

if its any use to you, heres the volvo part numbers mate...

Black Headlamp Bezels:

LH - 30896560 (NO chrome rings)
RH - 30896561 (NO chrome rings)

LH - 30899888 (WITH chrome rings)
RH - 30899889 (WITH chrome rings)

Replacement turn indicators, with black bezel:

LH: 30865998
RH: 30865999

couortesy of madness and rufe.

Yeah still no luck with the wood panels :(

The Flying Banana
Thursday 26th January 2006, 00:27
Yeah still no luck with the wood panels :([/QUOTE]

Dont dismiss this idea LOL but i have done a few cars previously for people using Foilatec film. They supply a brushed aluminium effect film which is satin to the touch. By taking the door panels off and removing the walnut inserts a good job can be had by wet and drying the walnut ( effect!!!! ) panel, tacking off and applying film using a hairdryer to achieve the round edges and no ruffled corners. Other way to do it strip it all off , take it to local body shop, prime, paint colour of choice ( say titanium ) and have a few heavy coats of laquer applied and get it set in a low bake oven...looks the biz!!!

mavv
Tuesday 31st January 2006, 06:41
cheers, i might have to go down that route if i can't find a supplier..I'm sure somebody must do them...

Might take one trim off on door and try it with the film to see if i can get a good outcome..

cheers

Babybadger
Tuesday 31st January 2006, 12:06
cheers, i might have to go down that route if i can't find a supplier..I'm sure somebody must do them...

Might take one trim off on door and try it with the film to see if i can get a good outcome..

cheers

Have a look at this lot under 'styling'

http://www.europeantuning.com/shop_nl.htm

Unfortunately its in dutch......

mavv
Tuesday 31st January 2006, 16:34
cheers i'll have a look, can't speak dutch but...............

mavv
Tuesday 31st January 2006, 23:35
had a look and they do a kit for the s40 for about 150 euros but doesn't say what you get, just bits that cover dash or is it replacements and nothing about the door trim parts.....

Wish i could speak dutch :lol: