PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 Auto - Shiftlock override

Taff
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 11:44
Hi - Just bought a classic V70 T5 - v pleased with it too. Ive done RTFM but can't find a reason or use for a button on the Auto Box which says "Shiftlock Override". Can anyone describe its purpose to me?

Thanks

fraz13
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 11:53
Hi :welcome:

Could you explain to me what RTFM is?

What age is your V70 and where is this "Shiftlock Override" button?

Kent Canary
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 12:17
Read The F*****g Manual

fraz13
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 12:41
Whats with the attitute???? The guys asked a question, He's just new and thats not exactly the kinda answer to make him come back is it?? I dont think I have this button thats why I asked where it was and I dont get the RTFM bit, So I suggest that if you wanna make smart arsed comments you just keep them to yourself.......

Andrew
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 12:46
Whats with the attitute???? The guys asked a question, He's just new and thats not exactly the kinda answer to make him come back is it?? I dont think I have this button thats why I asked where it was and I dont get the RTFM bit, So I suggest that if you wanna make smart arsed comments you just keep them to yourself.......

LOL
RTFM means Read the f****** manual - it's an old computer operators term.

I've not heard of a Shift lock over-ride button on the autobox unless you mean the kickdown switch under the accellerator ?

There is also a winter and sports mode switch. Not aware of any other physical switches on the auto unit.

fraz13
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 12:50
Well thats me shot down but thanx for explaining it the way it should have been explained Andrew, Were not all "old" computer operators.....

Andrew
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 13:03
Well thats me shot down but thanx for explaining it the way it should have been explained Andrew, Were not all "old" computer operators.....

Isn't it wonderful how new technology brings people from all of the country, indeed world, together but yet still there is miscommunication :)

bloody technology - can't beat a proper meet where you can communicate properly in a car park with a pint in your hand :)

splatt
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 13:07
Whats with the attitute???? The guys asked a question, He's just new and thats not exactly the kinda answer to make him come back is it?? I dont think I have this button thats why I asked where it was and I dont get the RTFM bit, So I suggest that if you wanna make smart arsed comments you just keep them to yourself.......:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...nice one...made me laugh...

Hi - Just bought a classic V70 T5 - v pleased with it too. Ive done RTFM but can't find a reason or use for a button on the Auto Box which says "Shiftlock Override". Can anyone describe its purpose to me?
Shiftlock override is a button which allows you to move selector out of park without pressing brake pedal.
Handy when you have a breakdown

Andrew
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 13:08
Shiftlock override is a button which allows you to move selector out of park without pressing brake pedal.

Ah excellent - good to learn something new about these cars everyday - nice one Splatt....

Kent Canary
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 13:12

Perhaps I should have explained I was answering the question..! No offence intended! Ive not heard of the old computer reference though

weasel
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 13:55
lol! netiquette 101: always read the post before getting uppity! :troutslap

Taff
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 19:11
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...nice one...made me laugh...

Ah! Understand - thanks for that gem of information.

sorry if my "geek speak" caused an issue........

Taff