PDA

View Full Version : Focus 2.0 ST 170

RGM200
Friday 20th January 2006, 13:48
Hi all,

Ok I was on the inside lane of a dual carriageway last night, after just coming off a roundabout, and this Focus 2.0 ST 170 on an 04 plate came up to the side of me, made a gesture at me, (for no apparent reason) and shall we say gunned it from about 30 upwards. I obviously put my foot down too (any excuse)

Now i believe it wasn't a standard Focus 2.0 ST 170, it had been lowered, had a different exhaust, and it may or not have been chipped, but apart from the lowering and exhaust it may have been standard.

My 850 T5 saloon is bog standard, well apart from an MBC, a K & N panel filter, s/s exhaust, moved horns and MAF screen, but it is an 'AUTO' and is an 'OLD' car, (M plate).

Even though, my car was faster, but up to 75 the Focus almost kept up with me, ('almost' being the important word here), but from 75 onwards the difference in mid range was obvious and after a while he was a mere dot in my rear view mirror.

But I would like to say although it is another feather in the cap of a T5, but I was impressed and have a new respect for the power of the Focus ST 170.

Rob

mraldonnelly
Friday 20th January 2006, 15:01
Nice one Rob.

My wife had a similar experience (she was driving - I was a passenger : ( ) but the car in question was a Focus RS lookalike. At least I THINK it was a ST170 dressed up as a RS. The only reason I say this is because I would have thought a Focus RS would have beaten the pants off my old M reg T5.

As you experienced, up to 75 it was fairly evenly matched with the T5 just edging slightly ahead. After 75 - SEE YA!

regards

Andy

racer
Friday 20th January 2006, 18:12
I note F**d had to steal a T5 engine to get the Focus to really go! HA HA !!
I really don't like that orange colour that the Focus ASBO comes in.

stuAWD
Friday 20th January 2006, 18:44
Ask yourself this: - would he have nearly kept up if he been pulling a loaded trailer, had the wife & kids in, and the boot full with the weeks shopping? I doubt it.

S60D5
Friday 20th January 2006, 18:58
Ask yourself this: - would he have nearly kept up if he been pulling a loaded trailer, had the wife & kids in, and the boot full with the weeks shopping? I doubt it.

No, but I suspect the Volvo would have been beaten if it were!

stuAWD
Friday 20th January 2006, 19:01
No, but I suspect the Volvo would have been beaten if it were!
Maybe to 75. Oops forgot, speed limit 60 with trailer.