PDA

View Full Version : New Grill now for the lights...

Andrew
Thursday 19th January 2006, 13:28
OK so Marshalls Volvo really came through and delivered the goods on time. Changed the standard grill for an egg box one and I'm very pleased. However now I have to change the headlights and sidelights for the crystal ones I bought....

Question is how easy is this ? Any particular way I should do this ? Any gotchas I need to be aware of? How do I get the lights aligned correctly etc ?

Andrew.

siamblue
Thursday 19th January 2006, 14:13
OK so Marshalls Volvo really came through and delivered the goods on time. Changed the standard grill for an egg box one and I'm very pleased. However now I have to change the headlights and sidelights for the crystal ones I bought....

Question is how easy is this ? Any particular way I should do this ? Any gotchas I need to be aware of? How do I get the lights aligned correctly etc ?

Andrew.

Andy I cannot get upto cambs this weekened but you are more than welcome to come down to me,
I didn't fit my headlamps, but i know the indies have tabs on them and you have to be very careful not to break them in removing or fitting,
the alignment will have to be done at the dealer or any MOT station will do it for ฃ5,
Gary

fraz13
Thursday 19th January 2006, 14:15
Unbolt the old headlamps, indicators will come off with them, bolt the new ones in slide indicators in and go 2 an mot station to have them alligned..... Easy as me, jobs done in 20 mins, no hidden problems

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 19th January 2006, 14:30
Unbolt the old headlamps, indicators will come off with them, bolt the new ones in slide indicators in and go 2 an mot station to have them alligned..... Easy as me, jobs done in 20 mins, no hidden problems
I was gonna say that LOL :haha:

fraz13
Thursday 19th January 2006, 18:12
Beat ye 2 it then :haha:

Andrew
Friday 20th January 2006, 11:50
Thanks everyone. Grill was obviously a piece of pisk.

Lights where quite easy. Had to move the bonet catches out of the way and there was some extra wiring which I suspect where for the daft sidelights which have been cut for now.

I'm very happy with the end results. The old girl has a wonderful new face lift YAY....

Old bits now for sale :)

Ac.

mraldonnelly
Friday 20th January 2006, 11:58
:worthless

I bet she looks fantastic! Now time to show her off.

Andrew
Friday 20th January 2006, 12:24
No doubt about it she's a pretty girl - of course I would say that!

Anyway Martin is bringing his flash-bang-whizzy-costtheearth-camera over tonight so he can take some pretty pics.
I'll post em to my garage when he's done.
Ac.

siamblue
Friday 20th January 2006, 15:26
No doubt about it she's a pretty girl - of course I would say that!

Anyway Martin is bringing his flash-bang-whizzy-costtheearth-camera over tonight so he can take some pretty pics.
I'll post em to my garage when he's done.
Ac.

Yeehay well done that man ;) bet you can't wait to get the car on the road in the dark :)

Andrew
Friday 20th January 2006, 16:33
Yeehay well done that man ;) bet you can't wait to get the car on the road in the dark :)

Still got to plumb in the HID which I'll be looking to do in the next couple of weeks - shouldn't be too hard and Chris of C70 fame said he would help after he got back from hols... should be able to light up the road then. :)

Ac.

Andrew
Friday 20th January 2006, 23:11
Here's a quick one for you...

I will post the rest after Martin has done his thing... but it gives you an idea of the new luck with the headlights and grill.... big change...

Mrsmopp
Friday 20th January 2006, 23:25
Looks delightful!!

x

andi's red 850R
Friday 20th January 2006, 23:52
loooooooooooooks peachy
i want pegs ..i want pegs.... i want pegs......

who sells the replica ones? :B_steerin

Assasin
Saturday 21st January 2006, 00:17
Woy very nice indeed..

What did the light convertsion cost and where did it come from again..?

BlackBeast
Saturday 21st January 2006, 00:17
i want pegs ..i want pegs.... i want pegs......

You and me both, never realised you had Pegs Andrew.

Not a fan of the new headlights though.

siamblue
Saturday 21st January 2006, 00:30
wow Andrew different looking car now, she looks so sweet,

Gary

mraldonnelly
Saturday 21st January 2006, 08:19
She looks.....

.....SUBERB!

DaveS60D5
Saturday 21st January 2006, 08:31
She looks.....

.....SUBERB!

Yeah where did you get those pegs?? Me want!!!!

Andrew
Saturday 21st January 2006, 09:26
Pegs came off ebay - chap in yorkshire sold them to me for 700ish... originals too :) He imported them from the USA.

Lights came from nordic - about 140quid a headlight. Sidelights (45ish each) and grill (~110)l came from Marshalls Volvo - see the other link.

Martin (member on here) did the pic with his fancy digital camera - couple of more will be posted when he's finished pulling the 8megapixel image from his toy!....