PDA

View Full Version : V70 Exhaust

yamma1
Thursday 19th January 2006, 13:13
Anybody (especially the north East boys) know the best i.e cheapest place for a V70 exhaust? I've got what appears to be "baffle rattle" in the rear silencer box. Do replacement parts come in two pieces as mine appears to be a one piece from the cat back to the tail piece and will be a mofo to fit over the back axle unless it can be split

fraz13
Thursday 19th January 2006, 13:18
If its the rear silencer (the wee one) and not the "suitcase" I would have it chopped off and a piece of straight pipe put in its place with a nice tip on it, This is all I did and its no any louder than it was before

yamma1
Thursday 19th January 2006, 14:05
Fraid its the "suitcase" Fraz. As it's cream crackered anyway I'm going to give it a few taps with "the persuader" at the weekend as the rattle at tickover is doin me buzz. I'm hoping that the replacement will come in two pieces (the suitcase and the smaller silencer further back) as I can't see it fitting without otherwise dropping the rear axle.

fraz13
Thursday 19th January 2006, 14:07
I think it is 2 piece mate, Theres a place up here called Viking, they do replacement parts but dunno bout your area soz

mraldonnelly
Thursday 19th January 2006, 16:04
If you've gotta spend some money on a new exhaust now's the time to get a custom stainless steel one fitted.

Won't cost that much more an should last a lifetime.

grumpybob
Friday 20th January 2006, 13:11
Hi

Give this boy a try, he may still have one.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vOLVO-S70-T5_W0QQitemZ4605946093QQcategoryZ10432QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Bob

siamblue
Friday 20th January 2006, 16:29
Not sure if Engineer still wants mine? but i will be replacing my exhaust next week with a performance one, the standard one was replaced 2 years ago by the previous owner for the sum of £460 :slap: If Engineer doesn't want it you are more than welcome to make me a offer for it,

Gary

jslewis5998
Friday 27th January 2006, 20:01
Anybody (especially the north East boys) know the best i.e cheapest place for a V70 exhaust? I've got what appears to be "baffle rattle" in the rear silencer box. Do replacement parts come in two pieces as mine appears to be a one piece from the cat back to the tail piece and will be a mofo to fit over the back axle unless it can be split

Hi, When I first got my T5, i got a quote of around £120 for the centre section(suitcase). I had the rear end custom made out of stainless steel (no small silencer) finished with with parallel exits.

The only manufacturer that I know who makes pattern centre sections is Bosal.

Hope that helps.