PDA

View Full Version : Volvo dealer service costs - A test!

S60D5
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 13:39
I wrote an email last night which I sent to about 30 Volvo dealers within an acceptable driving distance of Brighton (100 miles). In this email I asked for a quote for the next service due as well as the cost for a cambelt replacement.

So far, the highest quote for service alone is £424.86 and the lowest is £299.33.

So thats a £125 difference in price for exactly the same service both Volvo franchised dealers!

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 13:51
That really doesn't surprise me - every dealer seems to have a different labour rate!!

I take it you'll be using the dealership that quoted you £424.86? LOL

x

S60D5
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 13:55
That really doesn't surprise me - every dealer seems to have a different labour rate!!

I take it you'll be using the dealership that quoted you £424.86? LOL

x

The most expensive is also the furthest away from me! :nutkick:

So far, the cheapest is down the road from the girlfriends, so thats not too bad!

Vikingxl
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 15:06
I saved £100 by driving 15 miles betweeen dealers

chriskay
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 15:22
My main dealer charges about £70/hr. for servicing, but the body shop only charges £25/hr. They say it's all the insurance companies will pay.That's why I'm letting them fit a new door check strap tomorrow.

GATHY
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 19:27
Ive had to buy a dipstick from the dealers today which i ordered yesterday
£15 for a dipstick !!!!
£55 for a gearknob which i thought f.off i find one in a breakers yard.
and then to proper kick me in the nuts i matched it up against my old dipstick that i broke whilst doing a filter change on saturday and it was 1 inch too short and the min max marks where also 1 inch out,
so instead of putting the new dipstick in then filling it up with too much oil and then killing the engine i questioned this to the parts numpty and his reply is that its the right dipstick, as they dont produce the old one as its a old engine what 2002 D5 old ?
so he said i would have to change the dipstick tube to the newer one.
at this point i was starting to boil because it would have cost me a fortune just to replace a £2 dipstick so i made it verbally clear to them off my opinion and i had to take the plastic end off and put it on my old one so my
new £15 dipstick is mostly my old one
so ££££ harratts b@@tards yes im very happy with the robbing t@@ts

mraldonnelly
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 21:43
£15 for a dipstick !!!!
and then to proper kick me in the nuts i matched it up against my old dipstick that i broke whilst doing a filter change on saturday and it was 1 inch too short and the min max marks where also 1 inch out

Well that'll teach ya. Get a filter removal tool next time instead of removing the filter with the dipstick :haha: .

Surely they still have "old" dipsticks available - I reckon he just couldn't be arsed looking. Call Rybrook in Liverpool - 0151 707 4700. Well helpful.

t5tart
Thursday 19th January 2006, 01:16
£15 for a dipstick !!!!
and then to proper kick me in the nuts i matched it up against my old dipstick that i broke whilst doing a filter change on saturday and it was 1 inch too short and the min max marks where also 1 inch out,
so instead of putting the new dipstick in then filling it up with too much oil and then killing the engine i questioned this to the parts numpty and his reply is that its the right dipstick, as they dont produce the old one as its a old engine what 2002 D5 old ?
so he said i would have to change the dipstick tube to the newer one.
at this point i was starting to boil because it would have cost me a fortune just to replace a £2 dipstick so i made it verbally clear to them off my opinion and i had to take the plastic end off and put it on my old one so my
new £15 dipstick is mostly my old one
so ££££ harratts b@@tards yes im very happy with the robbing t@@ts

bells northampton can get em
i broke mine
but araldite works wonders hehe

madness
Sunday 22nd January 2006, 22:31
dont break it next time then :haha: