PDA

View Full Version : Oil filler cap

Broaders
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 08:55
I think I have a leak from the Oil filler Cap, there seems to be small puddles of oil around the spark plugs. I have heard that the seal's for the cap are cheap and easy to replace. Can anyone tell me if these can be purchased from the internet anywhere ?

Thanks

Justin
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 09:21
Hi mate, i dont know if you can buy them online but your local dealer will sell them @ about £150 + VAT, the part number is 1275379.

I bought one yesterday along with a dipstick O ring as mine is perished.

Dipstick O ring is £1.00 + VAT part number 955973

Hope that helps ;)

NugentS
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 09:32
Hi mate, i dont know if you can buy them online but your local dealer will sell them @ about £150 + VAT, the part number is 1275379.

I bought one yesterday along with a dipstick O ring as mine is perished.

Dipstick O ring is £1.00 + VAT part number 955973

Hope that helps ;)

Do you really mean £150-00 + VAT?

Goof
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 09:38
Apparently Marshalls Volvo will mail order - speak to Moppy for more info.
Oh, and we get a discount!

You may as well get the dipstick O ring too - you'll need one sometime...

Vikingxl
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 10:28
Might buy the pair myself the seals are starting to go a bit hard on mine

Broaders
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 10:32
Cheers peeps, will probably pop down to harratts wakefield to purchase the pair.

Justin
Wednesday 18th January 2006, 11:39
I know, £1.50 is cheap for a Volvo part. Give Marshalls a call or drop them an email, you may aswel have it delivered rather than go to the dealer :)

daddy
Saturday 21st January 2006, 15:45
hi i've got the same problem, it all started on the way the autosport show at the nec last weekend. at first i thought it was serious when smoke was rising from the bonnet. after a quick visit to the local dealer with pound signs going over in my mind i was told by a mechanic that it was not that serious. he kindly pointed out the problem and that he done quite a few, it was the filler cap gasket. much to my relief it cost only £1.82 all in. i've just got to clean up the mess and it will be ok again. good luck with yours.