PDA

View Full Version : ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNND shes back !!

Sp00ky
Saturday 26th February 2005, 22:18
Some of you may remember that i chose to blow the hell outta my head gasket and destroy my turbo earlier this month.

Well the good news is that shes back all done and dusted and ever better than before !!

all in all its cost me around £500 for the new head gasket/Head skimming and balancing, new turbo, head bolts blah blah blah... and labour.

All i gotta do now is get the turbo sorted cause there is FARRRRRRRR too much boost at the moment. a friend hinted that it might be the acuater (SP) arm on the turbo that needs adjusting. and yes i know.. more boost is good, but not when the turbo gauge goes RIGHT off the scale, and in 4th gear all the wheels do is skip ( not spin, but they actually feel like they are skipping !!)

so.... what have i missed?

whens the next meeting?

Justin
Sunday 27th February 2005, 00:31
Sounds like you havent connected the actuator hose properly, or the hose is badly split, i would go easy as the £500 you have just spent will soon become another grand :(

Sp00ky
Sunday 27th February 2005, 09:47
Sounds like you havent connected the actuator hose properly, or the hose is badly split, i would go easy as the £500 you have just spent will soon become another grand :(

which is the actuator hose mate? i didnt actually do the work, i had a friend whos an ex-volvo mech do it.

Justin
Sunday 27th February 2005, 10:33
The vac hose that goes from the boost control solenoid by the airbox to the actuator on the turbo, with it off etc the ecu has no control over the boost and it just runs at max, very dangerous :(