PDA

View Full Version : V/S 70R Front bumpers

Tomcat
Saturday 26th February 2005, 21:50
Right guys, for all those who have been patiently waiting, I have finally finished the mockup of the Bumper

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/V70Rmockup1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/V70Rmockup2.jpg

I'm going to take a few days off work soon to get the mould finished so we should be looking at starting to make these in the next week or so....

Justin
Sunday 27th February 2005, 00:27
U Da Man mate, well done, looks superb :)

S60T5
Monday 7th March 2005, 06:46
Hi.

I´m rather new to this forum, ok I´m as green as they come... :)
I have a question about the S/V70 R spoiler.
Will it be a spoiler that you can bolt right on to your car?
Or will it need further mods to be able to fit the front (of course it will need some paint and maby some sanding before that.)
How much will it cost? in what material will it be? Glasfiber or any other material?
I know, many questions but I´m really curious. It´s because I´m interested in buying one of you, depending the cost of it.
Btw, I´m driving an 850 rebuilt front end to the S/V70. Not an S60.

Mvh / Peter Larsson (Sweden)

Tomcat
Wednesday 16th March 2005, 00:26
Hi, sorry for the (Very) delayed reply, the V/S 70R bumpers will be just that, a full direct replacement for the standard item(including the mounting brackets). The price is £150 and they're made out of Fibreglass, if you are interested I would have to get you a quote on shipping first as it may cost a fortune to get it to you if its going all the way out to Sweeden. I already make the T5R bumpers for the 850 and I'm sure several members can subsantiate the quality of these items.

I work full time so these are just made in my spare time for us dedicated nutters who can't afford the genuine stuff.

I currently have a waiting list of around two months.

S60T5
Friday 18th March 2005, 15:15
Hi Tomcat.

I´ll buy one of you!

Btw, is it possible to "custom order" What I want is for the lower part to be lower...
With bigger holes for the vent. My intercooler is almost to bigg for my car. And I´m afraid it might be lower than the front... (Not looking good)

Thats why I want a S/V70R front but if it is possible a lower/deeper front...
Something like this, but not with te big "lip" in the side, just the normal one.
But this pic shows just about how low I want it.
Larssonhttp://www.badanka.com/upload/uploaded/Brodernas8504.jpg

Looking forward to your reply

Mvh / Peter Larsson

Wobbly Dave
Friday 18th March 2005, 15:50
Wow - that is low.

:welcome: Peter

I hope you will be able to post some pics during and after the rebuild?

Tomcat
Friday 18th March 2005, 21:11
Making a modified bumper for you wouldn't be a problem but I would need to know exactly how deep to make the lower section. Also I'm going to have to have an address so I can get an idea on shipping, however I recently got a quote on shipping one to the states for £290!.

I may have to try some other company's to get a better deal. Anybody have any suggestions?

I don't know if your interested but I'm just starting to make a version of the Evolve bumpers for the early V/S 70's.

S60T5
Friday 18th March 2005, 22:52
Hi there again.

I´ll find out exactly how low I want it to be.
About the Evolve copy on the early S/V70 might be interesting.
But I would like some pictures on that before I make my mind up on that.
As long as it won´t look like this

PICTURE, CLICK ME (http://negerboll.com/images/bscap0003.jpg)

I think it looks like, well crap is a nice word... :cussing:

Now about the shipping price... It´s cheaper if I come to you by flight, and take the ferry back to sweden, than the shipping cost to USA.

But it´s not impossible that I can come over to you and get that front end, and maby one of the evolve type as well...

Of course I will show you some pictures of my car.
6 days ago my computer crashed but I was able to save a couple of pictures.
Where can I upload them?

Mvh / Peter Larsson

Tomcat
Saturday 19th March 2005, 00:51
If you want to upload them either email them to Justin and he will put them into the vBGarage for you, or you can email them to me.

As for the Evolve, it will DEFINATELY not look like that one, that's hideous. I am currently working on a mockup of the bumper so once its finished I will post some pics on the forum.

S60T5
Saturday 19th March 2005, 11:55
If you want to upload them either email them to Justin and he will put them into the vBGarage for you, or you can email them to me.

As for the Evolve, it will DEFINATELY not look like that one, that's hideous. I am currently working on a mockup of the bumper so once its finished I will post some pics on the forum.

THANK YOU, I had a nightmare about that front... In my dream I was building some car stereo in the trunk...
Then I walked to the front of the car to connect the battery...
OMFG !!!! There was that awful front on MY car... :jaw:

Well well, it was just a nightmare...
I´ll mail you some pictures this evening.
Well, then the evolve front might be really interesting...
I´ll buy one R-front and one Evolve front then.
I think it will be better if I come over to you and pick them up...

Good luck on the Evolve front, they are very nasty, but extremely good looking...

Mvh / Peter Larsson

monsterdark
Saturday 19th March 2005, 12:57
Waiting with anticipation for the first fit, & see how the baby looks

sizzlechest
Saturday 19th March 2005, 15:40
Who's first on the waiting list? :eye-poppi

Andy
Saturday 19th March 2005, 17:44
ME ME ME lol :B_steerin

Tomcat
Saturday 19th March 2005, 17:53
Speaking of you, I should have it ready in the next day or so, I'm just in the middle of making it now.

sizzlechest
Saturday 19th March 2005, 18:03
I've got a feeling I'm fourth. Please say it's so!!

It's come at a good time really as I gave bumper a good scrap manouvering out of a tight spot last night :wallbash:

Tomcat
Saturday 19th March 2005, 18:11
Er............no your eighth............

he,he,he, just kidding. Acording to my list your fourth mate.

sizzlechest
Saturday 19th March 2005, 18:28
aHHhh... I err, *cough splutter* :sick:

:redface: That's what i thought...

:deal: I see can see the list now

Tomcat
Saturday 19th March 2005, 18:53
The 'Current' list for the V/S 70R bumpers is as follows

1 Andy
2 Grumpy Bob
3 MarkLiddl666
4 Sizzlechest
5 Lance
6 Rayvo
7 Guy

If your name is on here and it shouldnt be or it isnt and should be(if you get what I mean) then let me know and I will amend the list.

S60T5
Saturday 19th March 2005, 19:59
I want in !!

I´ll buy one Rfront, lowered.
And one Evolve front.

Mvh / Peter Larsson

Tomcat
Saturday 19th March 2005, 21:55
Ok Pete,

1 Andy
2 Grumpybob
3 Markliddl666
4 Sizzlechest
5 Lance
6 Rayvo
7 Guy
8 S60T5

Al115
Sunday 20th March 2005, 01:40
Still holding out for the Evolve-esque ones...

...what's the timeframe on these, do you think? Likely for the summer?

Good work on the R bumpers BTW...

Alastair

Tomcat
Sunday 20th March 2005, 02:37
Hi Alistair\Monsterdark

Hoping to have the mockup of the Evolve-esque one ready in the next week or two,after that a couple of weeks to fabricate the mould. So definately ready before summer . I will post a picture of the mockup once its done for your approval, no point making a bumper that your not going to like eh?.

monsterdark
Sunday 20th March 2005, 13:59
Cool give me a bell craig & will fly down the road my front bumper comes off in about 15mins havent replaced the pot rivets to the inner plastic wing so easy for trail fitting, fine tuning etc
cheers steve

Tomcat
Sunday 20th March 2005, 19:16
I should have something to show you in the next day or two, so I'll need you to pop down to give me your input.I'm gonna leave it the standard depth, that way you won't have any trouble with speed bumps etc, and it'll still line up with the stock side skirts. Are you wanting me to put the mesh on it for you or are you going to do that bit yourselves?.

Al115
Sunday 20th March 2005, 19:43
That's excellent news!

Mesh would be great, but it will need to be removable to allow spraying of the bumper alone....

Keep me posted, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Alastair
ps> have started thinking about a rear valance to match the front...! :)

Tomcat
Sunday 20th March 2005, 19:57
:nutkick: Doh!, I do work for a living you know!. :bricks:

Al115
Sunday 20th March 2005, 21:46
Much more of this and you'll be on the verge of giving up the day job!!! :doh:

Tomcat
Sunday 20th March 2005, 21:49
If only mate, If only.

Would have to either sell a hell of a lot more each month, or put my prices up to what Volvo charges....

Al115
Sunday 20th March 2005, 22:21
Give it time.... just wait until you've got a good number of "products" out there and the "I want one like that" trend starts up! You'll be rushed off your feet! :biggrin:

Alastair

Tomcat
Monday 21st March 2005, 01:03
Then all I'd have to do is find another pair of arms and a fortyeight hour day to do it all!, :yikes: .

Would be very nice though

lance
Monday 21st March 2005, 11:40
Pm me when its ready or even better a week or 2 before!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 21st March 2005, 11:43
Your going to need a set of lowering springs to go along with that. ;)

monsterdark
Monday 21st March 2005, 19:44
Craig give us a bell if you need a hand dont mind getting my hands dirty making the tea :rainfro:
NP just bell me anytime can pop down give u a hand, & yes mesh in please & painted :remybussi

Tomcat
Wednesday 23rd March 2005, 00:18
Just a quick update on both the bumpers I'm making.

Pulled both the bumpers I've made recently from the new moulds I've just spent ages making, and things didn't go according to plan. Both bumpers have had a complete failure on the gel coat, this means that in lots of places the gel coat (the finished surface) has cracked and fallen off. I don't know wether this is down to myself as I didn't put any flexative in with the gelcoat or resin(hence the cracking) or if its down to something else. Eitherway the T5R bumper I've just spent four days making is scrap and fit for the bin, the V70R is saveable but I'm not sure if the first guy on my list will want to buy it after its been repaired.

The long and short of this means that I'm behind again as I have to start from scratch with two new bumpers and may have to do some small repair work on one of the moulds first.

I will keep you all updated as to the progress of the new ones when I start on them in the next couple of days.

Al115
Wednesday 23rd March 2005, 13:47
Downer!

I don't think anyone'll be complaining at waiting an extra week...

Alastair

Tomcat
Friday 1st April 2005, 21:37
Right, thankfully(phew) the latest V70R bumper I have made has come out ok, and the mould has also survived the process pretty much unscathed. As a result I will be starting to churn these out to all those of you who have been waiting.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/100Rbumper1.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-9/834414/100Rbumper2.jpg

Get those cheque books ready guys not much longer now :bullwhip:

grumpybob
Friday 1st April 2005, 21:49
Looks good.

Can you let us know the delivery order.

cheers

Rob

Tomcat
Friday 1st April 2005, 21:53
Yup
The list is:

1 Andy
2 GrumpyBob
3 MarkLiddl666
4 Sizzlechest
5 Lance
6 Rayvo
7 Guy
8 Peter Larson

S60T5
Friday 1st April 2005, 23:36
Really great woork on the bumpers Mr T.

They look great, they are awsome!

I´ll keep in touch!

Mvh / Larsson

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 01:26
Are Andy and MarkLiddell still wanting them as 1 car is sold and 1 is for sale too? I might be intrested in stepping in as a reserve if they are not interested.

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 07:21
Er?.............good question I could do with knowing so I can sell this bumper to somebody.

Andy
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 07:38
tomcat, put mine on hold for the minute please mate.

thanks for getting in touch but with the car sale inevitable id prefer another member to have the joy of ur bumpers than me wasting your time.

cheers

andy

grumpybob
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 12:21
Ok so does that make me top of the list?

If so let me know so I can send off the chq.

cheers

Rob

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 16:19
Sure does, PM sent with amount and address etc.....

GuyD5
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 20:13
Hi Craig

I've tried to PM you but your box is still full ... just to confirm that you got the postal delivery? :)

Cheers mate

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 20:21
??? er what......no I didnt, I got a message saying you'd tried to pm me so I cleared my inbox.Alas you didnt re- send the pm.You wanna tell me what it was again?

GuyD5
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 22:19
I sent a recorded delivery to you as we discussed in previous PMs .... just wondered whether you'd got it ... be disappointing if you didn't :mad:

Cheers mate :)

Tomcat
Saturday 2nd April 2005, 22:37
Der...............wires crossed mate, was it for the bumper?, if it was then yes it arrived safe and sound mate.

GuyD5
Monday 4th April 2005, 07:41
Yes, it was for the bumper .... thank heavens for that ... she would have made my life hell if it had got lost and I'd had to find it again :D

Cheers mate ... looking forward to your e-mail in due course ;)

S60T5
Saturday 23rd April 2005, 17:21
This thread is going up...
How are the work progressing Thomcat?

Hope everything is going just fine.

Cheers / Peter Larsson

Tomcat
Saturday 23rd April 2005, 18:13
Hi Pete,

Things are going that well that I've booked next week off work to see if I can make some sort of dent in these long waiting lists I have. Both moulds are pretty much repaired now after that naff start, I hope to get at least a couple knocked out next week(if the missus leaves me alone long enough that is).

S60T5
Sunday 24th April 2005, 23:26
Hi Craig.

(if the missus leaves me alone long enough that is).

:)

I know the feeling.

I´m planing to take a trip over to England this summer. We might be able to do some bussines when I´m visiting your beautiful country.
I´m going to Bexhill, London and because I´ll be going by car I´ll be able to take them with me...

There is no rush from my side, I´ve not decided when to make the trip. I´ll wait until I get a Green light from you.

I´ve now checked how deep I want my S/V70 R-spoiler to be 12-13cm lower than original. And if it´s possible the Evolve front to be 8-9cm lower than original...
We´ll take the details via e-mail or pm.

Good to hear that It´s going along fine for you, you´r worth it!

Cheers / Peter Larsson