PDA

View Full Version : BSR PPC Remap

mraldonnelly
Monday 16th January 2006, 08:53
Mornin' all,

Just been looking at details of the BSR PPC upgrade. The thing I like about this one is the ability to be able to switch between remap and standard easily.

A query though. The S/V/C70 T5 ('99/'00) remap quotes standard figures of 240bhp and 355nm torque. Fine, no problem. The upgrade figures are quoted as 299bhp and 427 nm torque. Again, fine.

So far so good. Now onto S/V70 R ('99/'00) models. Standard 265 bhp. Fine. Standard 350 nm torque. That's less than a plain old T5 - is that right? Upgraded 310 bhp 435 nm torque.

So, why the extra power for the R? I thought the engines were the same albeit with a slightly different map to make the R a bit more powerful. Or does the R have a bigger Turbo and / or stronger internals?

Regards

Andy

aeroresh
Monday 16th January 2006, 19:13
I think the R model they quote for is for the bigger turbo'd version, 19T?

fraz13
Monday 16th January 2006, 19:19
Afaik the S/V/C70 T5 has a 16t, The S/V70 R has an 18t on the manual cars 16t on the auto's

aeroresh
Monday 16th January 2006, 19:30
Was it the AWD R that came with the 19T then? :B_blite:

fraz13
Monday 16th January 2006, 19:32
Dont think any came with the 19t, Could be wrong but think that came with the new S60/V70 R

S60D5
Monday 16th January 2006, 19:42
Mornin' all,

Just been looking at details of the BSR PPC upgrade. The thing I like about this one is the ability to be able to switch between remap and standard easily.

Some reports of ECU errors after trying to upload the BSR map using the PPC system. The cure is sending the PPC unit AND the ECU back back to BSR to fix. This means your car is off the road for days/weeks? Most seem to be ok, but knowing my luck!

Reverting it back to standard has no advantages as the BSR is still "traceable" as it leaves its mark (Spoke to Volvo and they say the ECU records all instances of software uploads with a timestamp).

pdtrewern
Monday 16th January 2006, 19:44
The '99 V70R AWD came with the 19t standard, auto only, came with standard 265bhp. :B_steerin

mikezero
Monday 16th January 2006, 20:08
Dont think any came with the 19t, Could be wrong but think that came with the new S60/V70 R

the new R's come with a turbo made by "KKK", a kind of special one for volvo.

M :)

mraldonnelly
Monday 16th January 2006, 20:36
Some reports of ECU errors after trying to upload the BSR map using the PPC system. The cure is sending the PPC unit AND the ECU back back to BSR to fix. This means your car is off the road for days/weeks? Most seem to be ok, but knowing my luck!

Reverting it back to standard has no advantages as the BSR is still "traceable" as it leaves its mark (Spoke to Volvo and they say the ECU records all instances of software uploads with a timestamp).

Not worried about a remap being traceable - anything I do to the car in the future will be declared. The main benefit is being able to revert to standard when someone else drives her.

I'm thinking along the lines of father in law. He bought a brand spanking new V70 T5 with millions of options after ripping me for ages about driving a Volvo. It's nice like, mega soft upgraded leather, RTS SatNav (complete waste of money IMHO), too many options to remember / list. The final price was WELL over £40,000! Well over! He coulda got an R for that! But then he'd have to add the options he wanted to that too.

Anyway, only problem is it's a Geartronic. Well, what a bag of poo that 'box is! He loves it, oh yeah, it's really smooth you know. Can't feel the gears change. Can have it in manual mode if you want to (NO YOU CAN'T - MANUALS HAVE A FREAKIN' CLUTCH). It also "thinks" about it before changing gear in so called "manual" mode.

So, anyway. This P2 T5 has 265 bhp. He doesn't know it - it's a T5 he says, BHP, NM, all the figures mean nothing. He just knows it's powerful. Anyway, he still can't beat me. Up to 100, I'm ahead. Over 100, he won't go there. Scared of running out of private runway I think. So I want him to have a go, but I don't want him to be driving with the remap. I want him to think the extra pace I have, or will have, is due to my excellent driving skills! I want him to come to a track with me and do a few laps. Then I go, few laps, best time wins. Ha ha, my lap will be a second or two quicker!

I wouldn't mind taking his P2 round aswell, just out of interest.

Regards

Andy

fireclown
Monday 16th January 2006, 22:04
hi i had my 850 t5 remapped by bsr. although not ppc. i must say the service and outcome were both excellent. sent off the ecu had it back by the end of the week. sorted. nice 1 bsr.