PDA

View Full Version : Monroe Shocks

grumpybob
Saturday 14th January 2006, 15:28
Hi Folks

Eventually getting around to fitting the "R" springs to me S70 and was going to upgrade to Monroe Reflex shocks at the same time, can anybody let me know the parts numbers for frontand back.
The local garage that I go to can get them and has quoted me £70 each for the fronts and £50 each for the rears. This sounds kinda cheap so I want the part no.s so they can check they are the right ones.

Any info would be appreciated. I thought these had been posted before but couldn't find them using the search facility.

Is there anything else recomended to be changed while doing the springs and shocks??

Bob

Berts70R
Saturday 14th January 2006, 15:49
On the front i would do the top mounts and bump stops,mine were knackered when i changed the suspension

mraldonnelly
Saturday 14th January 2006, 19:20
Hi Bob,

Wobbly Dave might be able to help - IIRC he had these fitted to his C70. He got them from VT - might be worth giving them a call to see what price they quote.

Regards

Andy

Wobbly Dave
Monday 16th January 2006, 02:48
The price on the reflex @ VT has come down a lot recently - plus with forum discount I am sure you'll be able to get a good deal. I would give them a ring anyway.

galion
Friday 20th January 2006, 05:52
I installed a set of Monroe Reflex in my 1998 S70R about a week ago (The only model avaliable for the S70), and I dont like it at all!
Be careful!!, they dont match my OE S70R springs as well as my worn out OE Sachs Sports did, I can feel the struts bump stops hitting VERY hard whenever I run over an uneven surface or small pothole. It seems to me that R springs and Reflex are a way too "Soft" combination to control the short suspension travel. One or the other is not stiff enough to handle the big suspension BANG!!!

So....I will order a set of Eibachs Pro, just after reading a few good opinions about Monroe Reflex/Eibach combination (VT?) , Just cross my fingers this combo works.

Hope this helps

LL