PDA

View Full Version : LHD Strut Brace

gazjacko
Saturday 14th January 2006, 11:04
Fellas

EBay item '4602650989'

What has to be re-located? I thought it looked cheap, can't be that different (can it?)

Gary

volvolised
Saturday 14th January 2006, 19:48
Hey buddy dont go there it wont fit a rhd 850 t5, the master cylinder will be in the way which i would guess would be more work to move if possible than the sub £70 the brace costs from the main stealer anyways

Tomcat
Saturday 14th January 2006, 22:48
If its for a lhd, can you not just undo the centre bar from the mounts and turn it around so the space for the brake master cylinder is on the other side?.

gazjacko
Sunday 15th January 2006, 17:25
It's sitting at £16 at the moment, but a close look at the pics would suggest it's only meant to fit one way.

siamblue
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:03
It's sitting at £16 at the moment, but a close look at the pics would suggest it's only meant to fit one way.

I thought the same it sits higher if you reverse it looking at those those lugs.

Gary

volvolised
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:14
hi again, the only reason i'm quite sure it wont fit is because i was sent a LHD one before and tried every which way to try and fit it , infact the strut brace i have now is exactly the same as the one on ebay but RHD and you will find the top mounts are specialy angled so best of luck

gazjacko
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:15
Cheers Gary
Even though it's still less than £20 I think I'll give it a miss. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat at 'The Churchillian' last week as that was one of the things I wanted to ask as your car looks really sorted and I knew you had one fitted.
Strut Brace -Will I notice the difference?

Gary

siamblue
Sunday 15th January 2006, 20:56
Cheers Gary
Even though it's still less than £20 I think I'll give it a miss. Sorry I couldn't stay and chat at 'The Churchillian' last week as that was one of the things I wanted to ask as your car looks really sorted and I knew you had one fitted.
Strut Brace -Will I notice the difference?

Gary

Strut braces are a cracking mod, stops the old understeer, :)

Gary

gazjacko
Sunday 15th January 2006, 23:44
It went for £40+ eventually!!!! so not such a bargain anyway.
I hope whoever bought it either has LHD or knows what they're doing. If anyone sees a T5 with a strut brace and no bonnet it could be him!! 'cause that's the only way I could see to get it to fit. :dunce:

Babybadger
Monday 16th January 2006, 10:50
It went for £40+ eventually!!!! so not such a bargain anyway.
I hope whoever bought it either has LHD or knows what they're doing. If anyone sees a T5 with a strut brace and no bonnet it could be him!! 'cause that's the only way I could see to get it to fit. :dunce:

Damn just missed it and yes I have a LHD!