PDA

View Full Version : Location of N/S Radiator bolt

Kent Canary
Saturday 14th January 2006, 10:02
Sounds an obvious question, but Im about to change my headlamp wiper motor over (thanks Dave, arrived this morning) last time I tried to remove it I got as far as having to loosen the rad bolt but for the life of me couldnt find it (the bolt, not the radiator).

Before I start again this morning and get to the same point can anyone shove me in the right direction (ie 'its at the bottom you muppet').

Its a straightforward job but just need to get over this bump.

Ta

Andrew

Kent Canary
Saturday 14th January 2006, 14:00
3 hours later, all sorted. Didnt have to move the rad in the end as it was proving a bit of a nightmare, so got round it! Now have both wipers working!

siamblue
Saturday 14th January 2006, 15:18
Nice one KC, I expect most eople are away at the motor show, I looked in the haynes but it told you nothing as usual,

Gary

Kent Canary
Saturday 14th January 2006, 15:36
Yeah Gary Ive got the Haynes too and its tells you rock all. Thanks for looking mate. Even the radiator section doesnt really tell you where the retaining and securing bolts are.

In the end I got round it by using a round edged file to open up the hole that the rod goes through, and loosened the fan housing and the piece that goes accros the entire front of the car and was just about able to lever the motor past the radiator! Bit of a workaround but there was no way I was moving the rad, even with the relay housing and fan assembly off it still wasnt happening.

Got both motors working fine, though the drivers side water doesnt really spray that well! Nevermind, for a fraction of the cost of a new part ive got a car in perfect working order!

Cheers

siamblue
Saturday 14th January 2006, 17:07
Good job mate, bet you are glad it wasn't the offside as they are pigs apparently to do,

Gary

Kent Canary
Saturday 14th January 2006, 17:13
Yes.. that crossed my mind!