PDA

View Full Version : Glovebox Problem !!

Guilo2k4
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 23:15
GLOVEBOX PROBLEM !!

Hi to all members and guests (who should be members lol)

The other day i closed the glovebox on my T5 and now the bloody thing wont open at all.

Any answers will be most appreciated before i end up having to smash the bloody thing off to get into it.

Cheers
Kev :B_steerin

fireclown
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 23:19
here ya go have a read of this.........http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2520&highlight=glovebox

should help you out

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 23:25
Yep it's a common problem.... it will be a tiny aluminium bar inside the mechanism...
You have to buy a complete catch assembly
for an 850 - partnumber 618303 - £28.91 inc (unless you get a discount)

You can either smash it all to pieces. and buy a new one....denpending on what you break upwards of £80.00

Hack saw through the clasp they you need a clasp aswell....

Or if your canny like me get your head under the dash and push up on the plate just under the glove box you should see the screws to undo (only just mind) if you can get them undone with a lot of fiddling i managed to get mine open.......it is quite tricky and it'll tek a lot of swearing before it magically jumps open.......good luck

fireclown
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 23:27
reading the threads about this. it seems if you swear a lot it will help lol. :)

Guilo2k4
Thursday 12th January 2006, 00:02
Ok cheers mates.

Will try the screws first i think lol.
Seems its one thing after another on my motor, hoping to get down to volvotuning in feb for remap and exhaust package.

Long journey though being from sunderland.

Cheers
Kev

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 12th January 2006, 00:14
Remember all the advice........lots of swearing will be required....

t5tart
Thursday 12th January 2006, 00:18
i cracked mine open with a pry bar lol