PDA

View Full Version : Denso Iridium plugs

siamblue
Saturday 26th February 2005, 13:02
Decided to replace my plugs as mine have done nearly 8k and i have never checked them,
Been doing a lot of reading and wanted a cooler plug,As my car is slightly modified,So went for the DENSO Iridium IK22 the ones i have are a 32 thou gap,On standard plugs the gap is 28 thou or .7mm.
The plugs in the car were Bosch Platinum's but were a bit choclately brown with the electrode creamy white,
On first start up car started straight away,Idles sweetly not lumpy anymore,
Will take it out for a run in the next 24 hours and report back,
I bought the plugs in the States a lot cheaper than here,worked out £3 a plug plus £3 postage each,but still cheaper than £10 each here.

SaffronC70
Saturday 26th February 2005, 13:57
Hi guy, what model number are they ? just Iridium IK22 ?

Reason I ask is that I'm off to Canada next week, and it might make sense to bring a load back ?

Chris

Justin
Saturday 26th February 2005, 14:43
Good idea ;)

siamblue
Sunday 27th February 2005, 08:19
Yes they are just IK22, Witha gap setting of .32 or .8mm standard as they need to be set at the factory the electrode is only .4 mm thick so as you can see open to failure if you slip by adjusting them yourselves,
Still not taken the car out yet will do later.

siamblue
Sunday 27th February 2005, 18:10
Just got back from a good run out ,Had a run in with a M/A 911 on a P plate,Not a lot in it 50-110,Came to a dualie and would he pull out first and gun it?would he heck lol,
Plugs seem fine car is boosting to 22 psi with a little chatter,So will turn it down a bit tomorrrow and will look at the plugs and i might narrow the gap from .32 to .28,Then back to another run

All in all a good day,Nice to meet Dave Big red,Remember a couple of gallons of 97 ron won't kill the car lol,

PS Those S60 RICA'D D5 Go very very well for a diesel

SaffronC70
Sunday 27th February 2005, 18:12
didn't get a chance to meet you ?! or did I ?

Chris

siamblue
Monday 28th February 2005, 11:17
Yes Chris i meet you lol,I was the one in the dirty white S70,
Hope the bonnet is sorted now,
Shame i couldn't go out in your car,I hope you showed/SCARED them all haha,
Would love to know?

Gary.

hamish
Monday 28th February 2005, 13:07
FYI,

I've just bought into stock 100 Iriduim NGK Plugs for T5's. These are an update on the BKR7EVX and as such are at similar money (ie not expensive). They are a 7 and come ready gapped for T5 (although it is good practice to always check before installing). I will still be stocking the Iridium 8 for the boys (and girls) that have tuned cars and drive REALLY hard ! We also have 9's and 10's in a NGK Competion Plug for the astonoughts amongst you!

I'm sure those that have fitted the Denso plugs are really happy. You will however find that NGK are better ! (Fact !). Fitting a 'wrong' plug to a tuned engine normally results in 1 of two senarios 1) poor running 2) holed piston ! If you run a plug that is too soft your car will run beautifully from cold will be nice and responsive under normal loads etc......BUT when you drive it hard with plenty of boost.......scenario number 2 !

Best Regards,
Hamish.

CAMO
Monday 28th February 2005, 19:40
Hamish What's The Serial No Of The Ngk's, And Can You Recommend Any Up-grades On H.t. Leads?

siamblue
Monday 28th February 2005, 22:25
Magnetec leads seem to be very good but will cost you though.

hamish
Monday 28th February 2005, 23:44
Hamish What's The Serial No Of The Ngk's, And Can You Recommend Any Up-grades On H.t. Leads?

Camo,
We're a commercial business not a flippin charity, I've just bought and paid for 100 spark plugs so that I could get a decent discount that I can pass onto you guys ! If you want the serial no. buy some !
What's wrong with the Volvo Leads ? If they're in good nick they are good for 400hp engines. I know that Volvo charge about £75 but we do the same leads for about half that ! If you want some silly coloured silicone leads for your high performance VX Corsa speak to Magnecor etc, if you want to spend money on performance upgrades........don't !

Regards,
Hamish

siamblue
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 00:11
Hamish can you tell people how much the plugs are? then they can make their own judgement about whether they are cheaper,
Nothing wrong with Volvo leads,Just people like to replace/upgrade and make their cars look nicer,As we all don't want to be driving the same T5s as it would be a boring world.Maybe not in a Rica'd T5 lol.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 02:09
Colour of the leads? Yep that's right up there on my must do list :slap:

CAMO
Tuesday 1st March 2005, 18:22
sorry hamish have i hit a nerve, or have you just got beat by a vx corsa on the way home. i did not realise that you are selling the plugs, wasn't going to under cut you, or tell everyone that there 2p cheeper from halfords mate, was just a general enquiry, please forgive me?

Bracer
Wednesday 2nd March 2005, 10:01
I've been running these plugs for some time now and they cured my missing problem and cope with hight boost very well in my oppinion :dgrin:

SaffronC70
Friday 1st April 2005, 17:19
Hi

I just installed a set of NGK Iridium IX - what a difference !

Pushed me back in the seat in second - haven't felt that before. The engine also sounds a lot happier and a bit like a DeLorean off Back to the Future now ?! The turbo whistle having a higher note !

Probs just new plugs making the difference, but I am happy with them !

Chris

DONKEYT5
Friday 1st April 2005, 18:38
FYI,

I've just bought into stock 100 Iriduim NGK Plugs for T5's. These are an update on the BKR7EVX and as such are at similar money (ie not expensive). They are a 7 and come ready gapped for T5 (although it is good practice to always check before installing). I will still be stocking the Iridium 8 for the boys (and girls) that have tuned cars and drive REALLY hard ! We also have 9's and 10's in a NGK Competion Plug for the astonoughts amongst you!

I'm sure those that have fitted the Denso plugs are really happy. You will however find that NGK are better ! (Fact !). Fitting a 'wrong' plug to a tuned engine normally results in 1 of two senarios 1) poor running 2) holed piston ! If you run a plug that is too soft your car will run beautifully from cold will be nice and responsive under normal loads etc......BUT when you drive it hard with plenty of boost.......scenario number 2 !

Best Regards,
Hamish.
hi hamish, i drive an s70 t5, 99 (t plate) and i drive it hard, what plugs would u recommend and please can u tell me how much so i can order some please! about 3 months ago i bought some champion platinum plugs(rc8pyp) and werent bad, but if i can buy better then i will!
many thanx, Don!

siamblue
Friday 1st April 2005, 21:07
Chris which range did you go for in the end?