PDA

View Full Version : Headlamp wiper....

M44K TS
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 19:20
I went to adjust the headlight alignment last night on the car and noticed they were scruffy so quickly flicked the washers on to clean the lights. But i had pulled the bonnet release which meant the bonnet was kind of open.

The passenger side worked fine but the drivers side went up then jammed on the bonnet and was stuck in the upright position.

I tried always to get the wiper back down but it wouldn't budge, even when i tried washing them again.

So in the end i tried brute force and snapped the wiper arm but the motor is still stuck in the upright position. :slap:

Any ideas how to get it back down?

Jod T5
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 19:47
I went to adjust the headlight alignment last night on the car and noticed they were scruffy so quickly flicked the washers on to clean the lights. But i had pulled the bonnet release which meant the bonnet was kind of open.

The passenger side worked fine but the drivers side went up then jammed on the bonnet and was stuck in the upright position.

I tried always to get the wiper back down but it wouldn't budge, even when i tried washing them again.

So in the end i tried brute force and snapped the wiper arm but the motor is still stuck in the upright position. :slap:

Any ideas how to get it back down?
mark i know this is wierd but mine did the same ..over a number of days i realised that every time i turned the ignition on and off it moved slightly...eventually it returned to the resting position ...until the next time i used the window washers lol :bog:

Matt30462
Thursday 12th January 2006, 17:49
Aint life a bitch! Did EXACTLYthe same with Olive. I have decided for replacement of the damaged motor as I think it has sheared the drive cogs inside.