PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filler Flap locked shut

Ross9
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 18:21
Hi

Got a problem with our 850, it's a 1993 L plate, 2.0 20v with central locking, when opening the car via one of th front doors or by the boot all the doors and boot open as they are supposed to, but the lock on the petrol flap won't open, not much fuel left in it now.

Any ideas, people had this before??

Ross

jp850R
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 18:25
Er not a very technical idea but keep lockin and unlockin, fingers crossed it should work at least once for you to open it, then bend the tab over, thats all i done as a tempory measure!!!

gibbo
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 18:31
On my 855 there is a manual override behind the rear lights cover within the boot. Remove the cover & there is a wire? connected to the lock. Gently pull the wire & it should release the lock.
I got caught when mine froze a few weeks ago.
HTH mate

Gibbo

al c
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 18:31
Open the boot, pull down, from the top, the rh side lining, put you hand in around the filler cap area, feel a fine metal wire and pull it gently towards the middle of the car. That should allow you to open the cap, it's a rather brutal manual override for the solenoid.

When you get a chance full remove and clean.

Hope it helps somewhat.

S60D5
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 18:32
Hi

Got a problem with our 850, it's a 1993 L plate, 2.0 20v with central locking, when opening the car via one of th front doors or by the boot all the doors and boot open as they are supposed to, but the lock on the petrol flap won't open, not much fuel left in it now.

Any ideas, people had this before??

Ross

Access behind the panel in the boot and you'll be able to use the emergancy release to open the fuel filler. The locking motor is on its way out...

Ross9
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 19:03
Thanks guys.

Ross

Goof
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 19:35
Now you know where it is, give it a dose of WD40!
Fixed mine - no repair needed.

splatt
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 19:54
As he said....:)
Its fairly exposed at the locking point so a good clean and lube should sort it out. Same prob on a previous 850 which was easily sorted.

M44K TS
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 18:58
mine locked shut when i went on holiday and my brother was meant to be using the car so naturally i left the tank empty. When i got back, i found the release and opened it manually, so i thought i'll snap the lock part off the flap so it doesn't lock again, sods law, it's worked perfectly every time since :lol:

chriskay
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 20:28
I've drilled a 30mm. hole in the access panel in case it happens to me again. Looks quite neat.