PDA

View Full Version : 19th Sept Santa pod

Justin
Sunday 19th September 2004, 19:10
Hi all, welcome back, a superb day as usual.

To all that attended, even those who came to spectate for a few hours thanks, nice to see you.

I quiet night in the Ibis for most of us but extremely enjoyable, my early night was awesome!!!

I ran a 14.67 ¼ and smashed my record, well chuffed, just as Duane was celibrating his 14.8 !!!

Sorry mate, but you did us proud.

Fastest on the day was Aftershock in his C70, 14.46, a superb performance!!

Nice to have Guy and his wife "Pammuy" (Brummie accent) there for the first time, i hope you enjoyed yourselves and that we didn't daunt you too much, nice to have you aboard!:)

BTW Pam is the official VolvoT5 "Mother" figure now, just to keep us in line lol.

I am looking forward to the next meet, whenever that is, would be nice to see even more faces.

Cheers :beer:

JackT5
Sunday 19th September 2004, 19:43
Congrats Justin, Duane 'n' all, looks as though everything was spot on for the day. I keep telling myself i'm going to the next one and then everything goes pear shaped, but i will get there eventually lol.

Justin
Sunday 19th September 2004, 19:48
No probs mate, when your ready, we may try another site yet, like the one in Warwickshire! :)

Pedro Fandango
Sunday 19th September 2004, 21:06
another quality weekend, thanks to the usual suspects for a great time at the Ibis (& to Guy & Pam for putting up with me till midnight). & was good to see a few others had made the effort for the sunday aswell, thanks

congrats on a new best J, we start getting close to the forum best & the goal posts move again

Justin
Sunday 19th September 2004, 21:11
Yeh, but there will be other chances :wink:

GuyD5
Sunday 19th September 2004, 22:30
Hi Justin,

Superb weekend, many thanks for persuading us to come along :) ... Pam has informed me that she is happy to accept her new post but asks me to warn you that you had better keep to a straight line or there'll be trouble with a capital 'T' :bow_kneel

Anyway, thanks to all who made us so welcome and also to Duane for giving me an excuse to stay up in the bar on Saturday :wink:

Looking forward to the next one :thewave:

Guy

lance
Sunday 19th September 2004, 22:42
Fantastic weekend thankyou all :thewave:
Hopefully have my clutch renewed for the next one to break the 15 !
Hope everyone had a pleasent run back!
I had a very enjoyable time thankyou all. :beer: :gossip:
I was naughty :hidesbehi and squeezzed a quick comfortable burst to 150 on my way back on a well known(private) duel carriage way type road , it definetly helped consolidate my poor pod runs.

wright_t5
Monday 20th September 2004, 07:10
HI, Had a reasonable day at the pod, my times were down, not sure why, good to meet and see so many Volvo's there, sorry to rush away early, other commitments, although had a nice trip home chasing (Well for a while!!!) a GTI, didn't have the legs on the long straights though.... :-)

wright_t5
Monday 20th September 2004, 07:12
Justin,

Thanks for pointing out the split in the hose elbow, have applied temporary fix until I get it sorted, it certainly runs better today, as you said, ticks over smoother, hey perhaps it might make my times faster!!!

Thanks again..

Justin
Monday 20th September 2004, 08:23
Your welcome :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 20th September 2004, 09:01
Well done everyone. Matt and I laughed loads at the muppets in their various modded shopping trollies and even withthe ones that posted faster times than the T5's - it was decided it didn't matter coz we could "take'em on the motorway anyway".

I managed some good shots although the light was a little in different. Matt did the video - coz my hands are a bit shaky. I hope that the shots come out.

Fastest run of the day was the TTS bike who ran 8.4 (172mph) - which is far too silly for me.

Roll on Flame and Thunder, though I wonder about the weather and expect we'll have to be very lucky to get a dry day in November!

Finally well done J, looks like I have a bit of catching up to do!

GuyD5
Monday 20th September 2004, 10:09
Just to let everyone know that I have checked the video and have got some of the runs ... unfortunately, after taking a quick shot of the cars when we first got there, and of Giles arriving ... we then have 43 minutes of 'lens-cap' with Audio :eek: before Matt took things over and started to record the runs ... then, of course, the battery ran out :mad: .... anyway, I'll sort things out and put up a list of what's there, hopefully later today .... got J's 14.6 with a good view of the overhead gantry, so no argument about his time :wink:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 20th September 2004, 10:38
oops :hidesbehi

Thinks me needs a bit more practice. No wonder the batteries ran out so soon!

MissDMeanor
Monday 20th September 2004, 10:55
Thank you everyone for a lovely weekend once again.

My apologies for my poor humour :redface:

Big congrats to Duane & Justin for their excellent times.

All in all, quite a special weekend!! :wink:

GuyD5
Monday 20th September 2004, 11:58
oops :hidesbehi

Thinks me needs a bit more practice. No wonder the batteries ran out so soon!

LoL :D .... been there , done that .... guess why I wanted someone else to do it this time :wink: :D