PDA

View Full Version : Lambada light on after service - any ideas

downunderT5
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 01:04
Hi

Just serviced my 95 850 T5, changed plugs, distributor cap, coolant and fuel filter. Car runs a lot better, far more responsive.

About 15 minutes in the drive, the car just cut out. Re started no problem.

However the Engine check light (lambada light) is now on all the time and the idle seems a little lumpy. I re-sat the MAF connector and made sure that the pipes around the airbox were all in place just in case I disturbed them when the distributor cap was replaced.

I check the fault codes tomorrow but does any one here have any experience with this problem?

Cheers.

Downunder T5

downunderT5
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 11:38
Ok,

Got the fault codes from the diagnostic unit

2-4-5 – Idle air control valve closing signal absent or faulty
2-2-3 – Idle air control valve opening signal absent or faulty
5-3-5 – Turbo Regulator fault (turbo seems to work fine though)

So it looks like the Idle Air Control Valve, maybe this was disturbed when I moved the airbox?

Car seems to run fine though. My main concern is that I am driving 1500km on the weekend and some of the towns are quite away apart!

Cheers for your advice.

siamblue
Wednesday 11th January 2006, 12:31
Ok,

Got the fault codes from the diagnostic unit

2-4-5 – Idle air control valve closing signal absent or faulty
2-2-3 – Idle air control valve opening signal absent or faulty
5-3-5 – Turbo Regulator fault (turbo seems to work fine though)

So it looks like the Idle Air Control Valve, maybe this was disturbed when I moved the airbox?

Car seems to run fine though. My main concern is that I am driving 1500km on the weekend and some of the towns are quite away apart!

Cheers for your advice.
Reset your ecu mate, take it out or take the main fuse out of the fuse box,it's the first big yellow one, leave it out for a minute, see if that clears it,
or just remove your ecu for half a hour,

Gary

downunderT5
Thursday 12th January 2006, 11:51
That's done the trick. Seems sorted now so cheers for that.

I have had no problems with it since (touch wood) but that bloody light was driving me mad! :B_steerin