PDA

View Full Version : Seat Rail width..

Assasin
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:00
Does anyone know what the width of the seat rails are for a car?

Are they all the same or do they differ?

Reason i want to know is so i can buy a seat and rail and bolt it straight onto a metal frame ( building the frame myself)

does any of this make sense.. :wtf:

S60D5
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:18
Reason i want to know is so i can buy a seat and rail and bolt it straight onto a metal frame ( building the frame myself)

Insurance implications / messing with the Volvo safety setup?

Assasin
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:51
Its nout to do with the volvo mate, its for a frame im building..

http://oneamongmany.net/cadex/gtr2.jpg

mraldonnelly
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 08:55
COOL AS F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not just buy a seat AND rails together so you know the rails will fit the seat (or the seat will fit the rails).

Regards

Andy

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 09:49
What about this kind of thing..ready made

S60D5
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 10:33
What about this kind of thing..ready made

Good idea... if you're about 12! :slap:

Aren't we all a little too old for computer games? :B_blite:

:wtf:

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 10:40
Good idea... if you're about 12! :slap:

Aren't we all a little too old for computer games? :B_blite:

:wtf:

Eh...no !! GT1 2 & 3, TOCA Touring cars, LA Rush...all top quality driving games, virtual snooker / pool is ace ...the list goes on ... PS2 is ace and PS3 when it comes out in spring will be the ££££££!! BUt each to their own mate..you must have something else to float your boat!

S60D5
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 10:44
Eh...no !! GT1 2 & 3, TOCA Touring cars, LA Rush...all top quality driving games, virtual snooker / pool is ace ...the list goes on ... PS2 is ace and PS3 when it comes out in spring will be the ££££££!! BUt each to their own mate..you must have something else to float your boat!

Never gone for the whole computer gaming malarky, I can't think of any worst waste of time! :B_blite:

The only time I've had fun playing any computer games was going back to about 1998/1999 and having Need For Speed 2 SE set up over a network racing against my friends. That was fun... but playing with yourself or against the computer seems a bit pointless to me.

Virtual snooker / pool? Why don't you just play it for real down the pub :B_blite:

mraldonnelly
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 10:59
... but playing with yourself or against the computer seems a bit pointless to me.

Playing with yourself, be it against the computer, the bathroom door, the bath or bed is ALWAYS fun! :biggrin:

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 11:06
Virtual snooker / pool? Why don't you just play it for real down the pub :B_blite:[/QUOTE]

Because like everything the real is always better but its a man thing to be good at the game aswell...do you like scalextric?

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 11:06
Playing with yourself, be it against the computer, the bathroom door, the bath or bed is ALWAYS fun! :biggrin:

Now that made me laff!!!!!

S60D5
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 11:11
Because like everything the real is always better but its a man thing to be good at the game aswell...do you like scalextric?

Is it? Hm. Oh - and yes, I like Scalextric, but I haven't played it since I was about 14 and it's only good cos you're racing against someone else who is sitting next to you!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 11:42
Is it? Hm. Oh - and yes, I like Scalextric, but I haven't played it since I was about 14 and it's only good cos you're racing against someone else who is sitting next to you!

Like i say everyone has something that floats their boat, games are not yours, thats the way of the world!!

You can lead a horse to water but you cant teach it new tricks!!!!!LOL

mraldonnelly
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 11:53
You can lead a horse to water but you cant teach it new tricks!!!!!LOL

True, but the fact remains - that seat is the best thing since sliced dogs danglies!!!!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 12:10
True, but the fact remains - that seat is the best thing since sliced dogs danglies!!!!

People in glass houses gather no moss is what i say!!!!

mraldonnelly
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 12:15
Well it is six of one and roundabouts.

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 12:25
Well it is six of one and roundabouts.

If you fly with the crows you will get your fingers burnt you know!!!

Assasin
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 12:59
Glad to see this thread started a talking point of some sort..

The reason for having it built is the room where is going is an odd shape and size nothing out of the box would fit right in.
Apart from that its a bit of a project as the "game" is more of a simulator rather than a toy.

Not many racing games can utilise a clutch and take into account the real physics of racing..

will always seem sad to some though... :B_steerin

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 13:54
Glad to see this thread started a talking point of some sort..

The reason for having it built is the room where is going is an odd shape and size nothing out of the box would fit right in.
Apart from that its a bit of a project as the "game" is more of a simulator rather than a toy.

Not many racing games can utilise a clutch and take into account the real physics of racing..

will always seem sad to some though... :B_steerin

whoa ..defo not sad , i ordered it today!!!!:)

Assasin
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 14:13
whoa ..defo not sad , i ordered it today!!!!:)

You will love it mate, start off on easy though with all the driving aids on, get into full real mode and things get HARD...

My lotus Cortina :wtf: is a bitch on bad bends...

racer
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 17:01
What's all this Games malarkey about? Brother Assasin is obviously building the forum's first remote control T5 (RESPECT !!), and everyone's going on about computer games!

Assasin
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 23:24
LOL..

You realy dont know how near the truth you are there...

I am putting together an 850 BTCC skin right now, most of the exteriour is done but its handles and sounds odd as its based on a Ford RS Capri race car lol...