PDA

View Full Version : rear fog light why a mod you may ask

pikeajm
Monday 9th January 2006, 22:38
i have a s70 t5 got bored on day so took rear bulb holders out and found out there is only a fog light on the drivers side :pants: i thought and noticed the wiring was there for one on the passenger side so i put a bulb in the holder and turned them on hay it lit up so i inspected the lamp cluster to see it was blanked off so out came the hole cutters a cut the blanking plate out and as a result now have the only s70 with 2 rear foglights that i know of lol

did this a few months ago lol forgot to mention it

t5tart
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:02
did it on my old 850 just havent been bothered on this one yet

Al115
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:03
All ex-plods have both working... :)

fraz13
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:11
A aint got no rear fogs, there connected to ma brake lights.....

A like to be different

Tomcat
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 00:01
Isnt that an MOT fail then, for having no rear for lights?

t5tart
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 00:11
Isnt that an MOT fail then, for having no rear for lights?

I dont think so so long as there is not a foglight switch
but im sure someone will know

fraz13
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 00:46
It is an MOT fail yes, I have a switch in the boot that flicks between the 2 so they can work as fogs or brakes ;) When it comes MOT time flick the switch and everythings legal....

t5tart
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 00:46
It is an MOT fail yes, I have a switch in the boot that flicks between the 2 so they can work as fogs or brakes ;) When it comes MOT time flick the switch and everythings legal....

that was my second suggestion if it was a bybass switch lol

BlackBeast
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 01:21

Whats the reason for it though, surely if someone smashed you from behind they would claim your fog lights were on which blinded them, insurers check the car and find the switch = no pay out!?!

On that note, talking to a scottish mate of mine, about 8-9 years ago he knew a bloke with a brand new Porsche 911 with a private plate that was illegaly spaced, he lost it going around a corner going to quickly, nobody else involved and rolled the car. He had to pay for the tow truck to tow it to the holding yard, insurers arrived the following 2 weeks, saw the car head on from 20yards away and immeadietly said no pay out :jaw: , reason being, illegaly spaced numberplate and because of that it wouldnt pass an mot therefore not road legal. Guy was in tears!

Vikingxl
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 07:44
I might be wrong but im sure i have read somewhere that you are only supposed to have one working rear fog light now.The reason everything is already there is for thr left hand drive market.

fraz13
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 09:56
No reason, a just like to be different as a said and a think it looks cool :haha: My old car had this mod too as well as a 3" cat back which was really loud and 17" wheels and I still got payed out when it was written off, no quibbles!! Its the luch of the draw man and if someone runs up the back of me then its their fault, no excuses.....

mike 850
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 16:39
just had a look at mine coz i quite fancy having both fogs on, its a double filiment bulb on both sides yet only one comes on, i tried swapping the bulbs but doesnt work, must be the wiring tho, any ideas? its a 95 850

pikeajm
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 19:20
pop over to falmouth will see what can be done