PDA

View Full Version : flashing auto transmission light

optimusprimer
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:05
mine started flashing on the way home tonight but cant get to volvo till sat, will it be ok to drive till then? i only do a few miles a day.

iGGy
Monday 9th January 2006, 22:29
I think if it's flashing then it'll be in limp mode and that means 3rd gear. Not the nicest driving experience you'll ever have. Could try cleaning the gear selector contacts using the row method and see if it clears until you can take it somewhere or pull the codes yourself.

optimusprimer
Monday 9th January 2006, 22:59
you genius iggy, rowing worked (for now)! at least i can drive it to the garage now! :D

S60D5
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:10
you genius iggy, rowing worked (for now)! at least i can drive it to the garage now! :D

Your PNP switch needs replacing

optimusprimer
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:13
this is what i have come to realise, first it wouldnt start in p or n due to it not engaging then this flashing light, its booked in with volvo for sat, is there a 'proper' volvo name for them or is just a pnp switch?

S60D5
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:16
this is what i have come to realise, first it wouldnt start in p or n due to it not engaging then this flashing light, its booked in with volvo for sat, is there a 'proper' volvo name for them or is just a pnp switch?

Hm. Good question!

Not sure. Everywhere I read it it's called a PNP switch! :)

optimusprimer
Monday 9th January 2006, 23:18
thats what i thought but when i called last week they said 'a what switch?' i'm guessing its a neutral isolator switch or something

iGGy
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 14:35
Think Volvo term it a gearbox inhibitor switch.

andyb
Tuesday 10th January 2006, 15:29
According to the parts book its a PNP Switch and the part number (I think!) is 3515264-4.

Regards

Andrew