PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Headlights, where from?

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:20
Please can someone point me towards crystal lights for the 850? Uk spec obviously.
I desparately need a set having seen siamblue's car.

Thanks

t5owner
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:43
I think you can get them from Nordic (if your a VOC member) otherwise try GSF or Eurocarparts

Cheers

stuart

mraldonnelly
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:50
850 or x70?

IFAIK, the x70 ones are simply C70 (later models only - 2003 + I think) lamps.

Not sure if they're available for the 850.

I'd love a set for my V70 but they cost an arm and a leg from Volvo dealers.

Regards

Andy

t5tart
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:50
if you find them let me know please

The Flying Banana
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:51
Please can someone point me towards crystal lights for the 850? Uk spec obviously.
I desparately need a set having seen siamblue's car.

Thanks

WWW.europeantuning.com do them . It states LHD but when you get them all you do is adjust the reflector to suit our roads..any MOT staion or competent garage can do so.

they also do the original 850 mats with the yellow '850' but only in LHD so far!!! NIghtmare!!

t5owner
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:54
850 or x70?

IFAIK, the x70 ones are simply C70 (later models only - 2003 + I think) lamps.

Not sure if they're available for the 850.

I'd love a set for my V70 but they cost an arm and a leg from Volvo dealers.

Regards

Andy

Ask andrew about the S/V/C 70 ones

He will have the codes for the headlights and indiacators as i beleive he recently purchased a set from nordic i think the total was less then £400 for both O/S and N/S lights and indiacators

Cheers

stuart

mraldonnelly
Monday 9th January 2006, 15:55
FANTASTIC!

Just over €500 for a set of headlamps and indicators. That's only about £350. Plus shipping of course.

Hmmmm, all that's left to decide now is whether I should get ones with a black background or chrome background.

What d'ya reckon would look better on a dark car?

Regards

Andy

t5tart
Monday 9th January 2006, 16:57
FANTASTIC!

Just over €500 for a set of headlamps and indicators. That's only about £350. Plus shipping of course.

Hmmmm, all that's left to decide now is whether I should get ones with a black background or chrome background.

What d'ya reckon would look better on a dark car?

Regards

Andy

can anyone translate their pages lol
are the crystal lights HID???

siamblue
Monday 9th January 2006, 17:01
can anyone translate their pages lol
are the crystal lights HID???

No mate the crystals are not HID, the HID are quite a expensive option as well, but well worth it, best mod on my car imho,

Gary

t5tart
Monday 9th January 2006, 17:49
No mate the crystals are not HID, the HID are quite a expensive option as well, but well worth it, best mod on my car imho,

Gary

think i may just go for hid's lol

then do the crystals at a later date

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 17:58

Gary

Gary will your lights fit my car?

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:07
This is going to sound silly but being euro lights and with them all driving on the right, ids the beam pattern the wrong way round?

siamblue
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:20
This is going to sound silly but being euro lights and with them all driving on the right, ids the beam pattern the wrong way round?

No Paul they are completely different for fitting,
On mine they have adjusters on the rear up and down same as yours,
but i have as might some others a indash switch to electronically lower or higher the beam,
plus as mine are clear there is no probs with the beam throwout. don't know about the 850 lenses,

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:34
No Paul they are completely different for fitting,
On mine they have adjusters on the rear up and down same as yours,
but i have as might some others a indash switch to electronically lower or higher the beam,
plus as mine are clear there is no probs with the beam throwout. don't know about the 850 lenses,

Damn. I need these so badly.

siamblue
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:38
Give Eurosporttuning a email, see if they do UK spec versions.

Gary

shiney
Monday 9th January 2006, 18:40
Give Eurosporttuning a email, see if they do UK spec versions.

Gary

Looking at several different parts manufacturers, it seems to suggest that s70 and 850 headlights are the same.